Home

Madden NFL 2019 Franchise Be a player mode broken?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 2019 Franchise Be a player mode broken? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 06-24-2019, 02:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 2019 Franchise Be a player mode broken?

I tried for the 1st time a franchise with "be a player" mode. I know Madden 2019 is nearly an "old game" , but that mode still feels like it's in alpha testing. Please let me know if you experienced the same wrong things or if I'm doing something wrong.

So I decide to play as a possession TE, late round selection (72 rating). I'm starting the season as the TE number 3 on the Steelers roster.

So when I play the first season game, I don't see the field, except on kick returns. Which seems to be pretty realistic (even if I expected to play a couple of goal line situations). So I'm on that simmed play-by-play mode during the game. Problem is, I read during a play that my player catched a pass from Big Ben. WTF? And the game didn't let me play that play?

Also, a few times during the simmed game, the simulation just stops for no reason. I was wondering if I was supposed to play on the next play, but nothing was possible except continuing the simulation (and chosing between "normal" or "fast" simulation speed).

Finally, to be honest, the game introduced me on an offensive play. But I had to call the play: wrong game design, EA. I'm in a "player mode", I'm not supposed to do that. If I'm on the field as the third TE, that's because the coach already called a formation with 3 TE (no other TE was injured). So the whole game mode feels wrong: how the game is supposed to know when I take the field if it lets me call the play then? What happens if I chose a formation when I'm not there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 03:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 2019 Franchise Be a player mode broken?

Next choose instant starter

Sent from my LGLS676 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamnewsnetwork
Next choose instant starter

Sent from my LGLS676 using Operation Sports mobile app
But I don't want to be instant starter if my player doesn't earn it. I liked the possibility to be the "next man up", being patient while the game is simmed, and sometimes taking the field. But it looks broken.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Flawed, yes, broken, no, I actually liked the fact that you can call your own plays because in the previous Superstar modes, the AI playcalling was awful. Out of ten plays, there’d be 9 runs and 1 pass, regardless of on-field situation.

If you choose a play without your guy, you just watch it before it goes back to simming. For the best enjoyment in player, turn on Instant Starter and crank up the difficulty to All-Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »