Home

What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

This is a discussion on What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

We are roughly one month away from the early release of Madden 20, which means lots...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Gameplay feel great, smooth and fluid with superstar x factor abilities. Franchise Mode is still crap and still exactly same from 18, 19.. Superstar X factor is nice addition to player development in Franchise Mode.. Scenario Engine is horrible but i expect EA improve it better in final product on August 2
Old 06-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Love the changes to trajectories and throwing motions. I think they did an excellent job. I do wish that they had more separation between starting QB's. As I noted in another thread, the tiers right now are:
  1. Rodgers
  2. 33+ Starters & Potential Starters
  3. Foles
  4. Backups
It seems like they started the process and then didn't put the effort into seeing it all the way through and just settled for this system where every QB in the league is grouped together in 2 groups except 2 guys. That is very strange. I'm also not sure if Foles is above the backups or on an even level with them... Not sure if they've clarified that. Either way, this feels half finished.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Pro

I personally think they should give medium and short passing animations a very very slight boost in speed. There were a lot of plays I got sacked on because it took close to 2 seconds to release the pass. Loved the long ball animation though.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #5
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't love all of the trajectories and float when you need a bullet. Flare passes to HB's in the flat are supposed to be quick, not water balloon lobs that lead the receiver out of bounds.

Frequent dropped passes when receiver is bareley touched by the DB was the same in the beta as 19 started last year, and DB awareness/aggressiveness is twice that of WR's. Receivers immediately tackled when there is a catch and receivers get little to no separation on Dbs. When they do and are open for a catch, they are closed on too quickly with no catch or there's no room to run. That's not real life, or very fun for that matter.

They messed up receiver awareness/aggressiveness badly in 19, and it needs to be FIXED back to the 18 level and prior. THIS WAS NEVER A PROBLEM BEFORE 19. If they fix this then I'm sold on 20 game play and player movement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I don't love all of the trajectories and float when you need a bullet. Flare passes to HB's in the flat are supposed to be quick, not water balloon lobs that lead the receiver out of bounds.

Frequent dropped passes when receiver is bareley touched by the DB was the same in the beta as 19 started last year, and DB awareness/aggressiveness is twice that of WR's. Receivers immediately tackled when there is a catch and receivers get little to no separation on Dbs. When they do and are open for a catch, they are closed on too quickly with no catch or there's no room to run. That's not real life, or very fun for that matter.

They messed up receiver awareness/aggressiveness badly in 19, and it needs to be FIXED back to the 18 level and prior. THIS WAS NEVER A PROBLEM BEFORE 19. If they fix this then I'm sold on 20 game play and player movement.
During my time with the beta, I had no problem getting separation on DBs. I had 1,324 YDS and 14 TD on 40 REC with Carolina's DJ Moore. The CPU pressed up too often, and that allowed me to just throw bombs all season. This was on All-Madden, Sim. I basically played the beta the same way I would play NCAA 14 with the speed threshold on 0. And it worked. Once I got used to the throwing animations, everything else fell into line.

Edit: I played the Madden 20 beta on All-Madden, Sim, Default sliders.

Last edited by Kid OS; 06-26-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Misunderstanding
Old 06-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1

Agree, up to the point of RAC with the beta that I experienced. There were several times that Davantae Adams broke free after the catch and gained yards after the catch.

I thought that was much better this year vs Madden 19. User vs cpu on all pro default.

It's very weird that different people obtain different results. I had witnessed several times when the cpu QB took off and scrambled and burned me, but some are saying that didn't happen.

Hope these discrepancies are sorted out, too.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Love the changes to trajectories and throwing motions. I think they did an excellent job. I do wish that they had more separation between starting QB's. As I noted in another thread, the tiers right now are:
  1. Rodgers
  2. 33+ Starters & Potential Starters
  3. Foles
  4. Backups
It seems like they started the process and then didn't put the effort into seeing it all the way through and just settled for this system where every QB in the league is grouped together in 2 groups except 2 guys. That is very strange. I'm also not sure if Foles is above the backups or on an even level with them... Not sure if they've clarified that. Either way, this feels half finished.
Yeah there is no way Jimmy G has 32 other qbs with his release speed. He’s on the tier right behind Rodgers, and the average release speed is below that.

Maybe if they out Kaepernick back in the game they could put in another slow release, but even then it wouldn’t be enough.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »