Home

Madden NFL 20 Rookie Ratings Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Rookie Ratings Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2019, 12:57 AM   #57
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Rookie Ratings Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It seems like if your starting QB goes down, getting wins are going to be tough, just as it should be. Every year in Franchise I could lose my starting QB and my starting LT in a game, and still feel like "I got this". Hopefully this year, it will be, "I'm screwed".
I love this and the potential. It will make things more exciting/interesting in my CFM for sure. Pretty scary too depending on who you compete with in your leagues as well.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:32 AM   #58
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Wow, the Titans Tax is real - AJ Brown not in the top 5 WR's?

And I find it hard to believe Simmons is a 74 without the injury (assuming injuries don't factor into OVR ratings).
Old 07-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #59
MVP

Re: Madden 20 Rookies Rating Reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Fair point. To be clear, I don't want to go back either. I just want guys represented properly relative to one another and also to their real-life scouting data, especially given how difficult SPD / ACC are to progress in online franchise.
The fact that a SPD point is so valuable is why using 40 times is so bad. The difference between 4.2x and 4.3x once you take the track spikes off and put the pads on isn't going to be noticeable at all, but the impulse to use the 40 times to plot SPD is going to lead you to making one player almost automatically better than the other. The 4.3x player in this example would need vastly superior skill attributes to close the gap.

Most of the skill mechanics seem to function as make-ups for SPD. This helps, but there's only so far the game can go because the amount of warping, etc. is already pretty high on default.

Tightening the SPD distribution and taking +7 SPD edges in WR vs CB scenarios out would improve the game, imo.

I played enough MUT H2H this year after everyone was at 99 SPD, ACC, and AGI that I can say for a fact one can still get guys open deep if you have good play calls vs. the defensive coverage even at speed parity.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #60
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

A lot of people seem to be using the argument "he was drafted #___ so he should be higher" and that's just not how it works. Daniel Jones isn't suddenly a good QB because Gettelman drafted a 3rd round QB prospect at #6. The talent is the talent and teams reach all the time. Expecting players to be good based on their draft position is just crazy.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:48 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
A lot of people seem to be using the argument "he was drafted #___ so he should be higher" and that's just not how it works. Daniel Jones isn't suddenly a good QB because Gettelman drafted a 3rd round QB prospect at #6. The talent is the talent and teams reach all the time. Expecting players to be good based on their draft position is just crazy.

You nailed it my friend...exactly right!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2019, 07:29 AM   #62
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
yup certain positions simply go higher.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:06 AM   #63
MVP

I wrote about it this morning on my blog, but when placed into context of the overall ratings the rookie ratings make more sense. There are certain positions where the new spread looks more harsh than others, WR being one where it didn't "hurt" as much which makes the WR's seem a little high relative to the rest of the class.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:39 AM   #64
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I actually think he’s a bit overrated by most people due to his last name. His arms are a little short and his explosion is pedestrian. He’ll be good but he’ll struggle against quality tackles with long arms who know how to use them.
When Joey Bosa came out, people said he'd be "good - but more of a Justin Smith type". Now, obviously Joey surpassed that and is a far more explosive rusher than people thought he'd be.

I actually think that the Justin Smith comp fits Nick a lot better in terms of how he will impact the game. And let's not forget that Justin Smith played 14 years and went to 5 Pro Bowls...comparing anyone to him is hardly a knock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »