Home

An inside look at the Madden Ratings Process by ESPN

This is a discussion on An inside look at the Madden Ratings Process by ESPN within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2019, 07:12 PM   #9
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: An inside look at the Madden Ratings Process by ESPN

when i was on twitter i helped kane with some retirements for 18 and 19
Old 07-03-2019, 01:13 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
The community here on OS has been wanting this for what seems like a decade now. Glad they seem to finally be warming up to the idea of spread out ratings. Better late than never. Still want to see how this translates to gameplay.
I honestly believe that this year is the year they are able to execute it efficiently. It won't be perfect, but I think we'll be happy... unless the draft classes are screwed up. That would be bad. Out of the box though, I'm expecting great things.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:04 AM   #11
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I honestly believe that this year is the year they are able to execute it efficiently. It won't be perfect, but I think we'll be happy... unless the draft classes are screwed up. That would be bad. Out of the box though, I'm expecting great things.
The draft classes in the beta were fine IMO and were definitely taken into consideration with this change. The interesting thing is going to see what happens when the masses get their hands on it though. Franchise has been notorious for holding the users hand and trying to avoid any kind of negative obstacles so it's going to take people adjusting to consistently seeing lower OVR's in the first round and having to find a franchise QB being tougher than shooting fish in a barrel and how that goes over after launch will dictate how things change moving forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 05:14 AM   #12
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The draft classes in the beta were fine IMO and were definitely taken into consideration with this change. The interesting thing is going to see what happens when the masses get their hands on it though. Franchise has been notorious for holding the users hand and trying to avoid any kind of negative obstacles so it's going to take people adjusting to consistently seeing lower OVR's in the first round and having to find a franchise QB being tougher than shooting fish in a barrel and how that goes over after launch will dictate how things change moving forward.
I spent about 3 hours just looking at draft classes and progression results, and the classes are a LOT better this year than before.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:04 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
A high 60's low 70's #1 overall pick is going to freak people out.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #14
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
A high 60's low 70's #1 overall pick is going to freak people out.
yep, people freaked out about JaMarcus Russell, Tim Couch, etc 😁 Oh well, it happens and should happen.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm already arguing with people on Twitter about how the new system is "crap" because if say Saquon Barkley goes down the backup to him will be completely "worthless".

smh...do these folks not realize the largest problem in Madden for years has been that superstars and regular joes play pretty close to the same??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #16
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm already arguing with people on Twitter about how the new system is "crap" because if say Saquon Barkley goes down the backup to him will be completely "worthless".

smh...do these folks not realize the largest problem in Madden for years has been that superstars and regular joes play pretty close to the same??

Casual players want to score touchdowns on every single play and they want to feel like they've got Vick and Barry Sanders on their team no matter who their players are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »