Home

Expansion Teams In Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Expansion Teams In Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:18 AM   #1
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

OVR: 0
Exclamation Expansion Teams In Franchise Mode

With Relocation We Get The Joy Of Playing With a New Team But We Have To Replace One Of The Existing One's. It Would Be Nice To Have an Expansion Feature That You Could Use Before The Season Started That Would Give You The Ability To Add Say 1-4 Expansion Teams Complete With Expansion Draft.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Expansion Teams In Franchise Mode

I would love an expansion mode, every major sports title I can think of other than Madden and MLB the show have an expansion team feature. I know supposedly the NFL forces them to limit the options as far as available cities, logos and team names. But I wouldn't even mind if it was the options we currently have for relocation, it would just be cool to have an expansion mode. For the NFL adding 4 teams might be a little excessive because there is already 32 but even just give us the option to add 1 or 2 more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think with the current setup of the league, adding a 33rd team is kinda weird.

There'd be just one division of 5 teams, and that would throw a whole wrench in to the scheduling formula/format used by the league in regards to schedule rotation. It was weird when the league had 31 teams, but that only lasted for a few years. It'd probably be easier to bring 4 teams then have 2 nine-team divisions in each league, bu then it's still be touch to schedule home/away with what's now your current division rivals.

NHL has one because A: they're currently expanding and B: 32 seems to be this magic number for pro sports leagues in America now (it used to be 30) and the NHL won't be there until 2020/2021. The NBA is in the same boat. I'll be eager to see if the expansion team stuff stays in the NHL series after the league gets to 32 teams.

MLB The Show has said they wont' have expansion until the next gen (maybe not even then) as the new stadiums would take up too much space.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

The Portland dreadnaughts. The Los Angeles shocks. Need I say more. Relocation is a failed experiment in madden. All the team names sound like WNBA franchises.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:41 PM   #5
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
I think with the current setup of the league, adding a 33rd team is kinda weird.

There'd be just one division of 5 teams, and that would throw a whole wrench in to the scheduling formula/format used by the league in regards to schedule rotation. It was weird when the league had 31 teams, but that only lasted for a few years. It'd probably be easier to bring 4 teams then have 2 nine-team divisions in each league, bu then it's still be touch to schedule home/away with what's now your current division rivals.

NHL has one because A: they're currently expanding and B: 32 seems to be this magic number for pro sports leagues in America now (it used to be 30) and the NHL won't be there until 2020/2021. The NBA is in the same boat. I'll be eager to see if the expansion team stuff stays in the NHL series after the league gets to 32 teams.

MLB The Show has said they wont' have expansion until the next gen (maybe not even then) as the new stadiums would take up too much space.
32 is just a good all around number. It’s twice the sum of four perfect squares, four times a perfect cube, eight times a perfect square, the only even prime number raised to the fifth power, the sum of four factorial, three factorial two factorial and one factorial MINUS zero factorial, the sum of its digits, both of which are prime, is a third prime number, it’s the sum of a two quartics, etc.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #6
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
The Portland dreadnaughts. The Los Angeles shocks. Need I say more. Relocation is a failed experiment in madden. All the team names sound like WNBA franchises.
I don't think the names are that bad but some of the uniforms are. Also they gave no choice of names for Las Vegas and St Louis or any commentary for them and San Diego.I think it's cool we have it, just fix it.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I don't think the names are that bad but some of the uniforms are. Also they gave no choice of names for Las Vegas and St Louis or any commentary for them and San Diego.I think it's cool we have it, just fix it.
If you get Madden on PC you can change those uniforms to anything you want. Every uniform in the game is available to edit.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Expansion Teams In Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
If you get Madden on PC you can change those uniforms to anything you want. Every uniform in the game is available to edit.

You know......with all due respect and don’t take this the wrong way as it is not directed at you but at the whole PC crowd.

A lot of us are console gamers. We are not building a PC gaming rig and “getting it on PC” does not solve the issues.

There are console sports games that are feature rich in terms of franchise mode.....Madden is not one of them and the constant “well you can on PC” is really annoying already in every thread where we are discussing the lack of features.

Happy for you PC gamers who can mod to your hearts content. Really it is great.

But the majority of us are console gamers.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »