Home

Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

This is a discussion on Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #25
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Charles Davis basically got a job calling NFL games based on his Madden work. I think he is great. It was cool hearing him on Sundays in real games.

There is a lot to be left desired about Madden's presentation, but I think the commentary is great.

I think the banter and chemistry is very strong. I wish the content would be far more dynamic to your franchise as it unfolds season after season.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

Quote:
The Show's commentators are pretty terrible, to me. The overall presentation is pretty good, though.

I think Matty V is excellent. A perfect baseball voice. I am not a big fan of Plesac and Derosa. Loved the one year they had Harold Reynolds. Too bad he could not commit long term.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #27
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
They players literally come ordered from #1 to 400-whatever by projected pick. The scouting screen *is* a mock.
I get what you're saying but it's not the same as having something that takes into account the team needs and gives a mock based off that. I see the list as it currently is more as an equivalent to something like Mel Kiper's Big board. I guess I just want a lot more to be done for the draft.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #28
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I think The Shows is way better than Madden. A bit puzzled anyone would denigrate it as being worse.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
To each his own, it just doesn't do it for me. I find no enjoyment listening to them three at all.

Playing:
Old 07-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #29
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Because NFL Network would throw a fit and EA doesn't want to use them. It's NFLN or nothing.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #30
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Charles Davis basically got a job calling NFL games based on his Madden work. I think he is great. It was cool hearing him on Sundays in real games.

There is a lot to be left desired about Madden's presentation, but I think the commentary is great.
Charles Davis was calling games before Madden. He first began calling NFL games as part of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Falcons preseason teams as an analyst. This was before Madden.

Prior to that he had already had a long relationship with Fox and other networks calling college games and other sports.

EDIT- he also called preseason games for the Titans.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/onairtalent/charles-davis
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 07-04-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #31
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Madden doesn't have the best commentary, but nothing is worse than The Shows in comparison imo. It would be nice if Madden removed some of the old lines, but I think they do a decent job with updates. It doesn't bother me that they say it's a video game, not everything has to be so serious all the time.
I wish there was an NFL Blitz so one group can have their arcade game they play with their bros and another could have their NFL simulation. But obviously that’s never going to happen.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #32

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Charles Davis was calling games before Madden. He first began calling NFL games as part of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Falcons preseason teams as an analyst. This was before Madden.

Prior to that he had already had a long relationship with Fox and other networks calling college games and other sports.

EDIT- he also called preseason games for the Titans.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/onairtalent/charles-davis
So for years, he called college games and NFL preseason games (which as I'm sure you know, are local broadcasts only).

Then he does Madden.

Then after all those years of work prior to Madden, he get's a job broadcasting NFL games that are nationally broadcasted.

Are you blatantly ignoring the correlation?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »