Home

Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

This is a discussion on Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2019, 09:16 PM   #33
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So for years, he called college games and NFL preseason games (which as I'm sure you know, are local broadcasts only).

Then he does Madden.

Then after all those years of work prior to Madden, he get's a job broadcasting NFL games that are nationally broadcasted.

Are you blatantly ignoring the correlation?
No I wasn’t even following the discussion in depth. I just saw a statement I thought was wrong, looked it up and replied.

If the argument is that Davis’ career picked up after Madden, it’s a reasonable one, although it may have also simply been his time after putting in years of dues.

Also, if the argument is that the QUALITY of Davis commentary in Madden is good, then I agree. The current team is the best the game has had.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:32 PM   #34
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So for years, he called college games and NFL preseason games (which as I'm sure you know, are local broadcasts only).

Then he does Madden.

Then after all those years of work prior to Madden, he get's a job broadcasting NFL games that are nationally broadcasted.

Are you blatantly ignoring the correlation?
He was doing NFL games for Fox on-and-off as far back as 2012 and full-time the entire year before he was even in Madden. To say that he got a job broadcasting NFL games as a result of what he did in Madden was a stretch to say the least.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #35
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Because NFL Network would throw a fit and EA doesn't want to use them. It's NFLN or nothing.
u are 100% right i rem nfl network was in nfl head coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2019, 10:20 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
He was doing NFL games for Fox on-and-off as far back as 2012 and full-time the entire year before he was even in Madden. To say that he got a job broadcasting NFL games as a result of what he did in Madden was a stretch to say the least.
He wasn't doing NFL games for Fox, he was doing NCAA games.

I did not realize he worked the year before he started in Madden, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Also, if the argument is that the QUALITY of Davis commentary in Madden is good, then I agree. The current team is the best the game has had.
This was the point I was making. He's been really good for the game. These guys are the first that finally were better than the actors in 2K's games. From a commentary standpoint, they are up there with 2K's basketball and baseball games.

In fact, I thought Gary Thorne was really good in the NFL series before they decided to grab the NBC guys. Doc emmet is a legend, but doing a video game is different, and he has been terrible. Would love to have Gary Thorne in another game, but, at 71, there is probably better things for him to do with his time.

Hopefully the new NHL 20 team will be as good as the the Madden team. NBA Live needs a new team, too.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:33 PM   #37
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
He wasn't doing NFL games for Fox, he was doing NCAA games.
He was doing both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWNOwH93KFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lsIOZ3hDAw
Old 07-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #38
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

A good way to integrate NFL Network into the game would be to use the Good Morning Football crew for weekly recaps. Or even one at midseason and year end. Would add serious depth to franchise mode. And that crew did a great job with Longshot

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-05-2019, 12:26 AM   #39
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
A good way to integrate NFL Network into the game would be to use the Good Morning Football crew for weekly recaps. Or even one at midseason and year end. Would add serious depth to franchise mode. And that crew did a great job with Longshot

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I would absolutely love GMF in Madden.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:17 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I have always been a presentation guy. As long as it doesn't interrupt the flow of the game, I want the true sport experience. At times when I really into a game, I do find myself mashing the button to speed up the process. But I do want there to be depth with presentation. Madden has really shifted towards that Online H2H/Esports mindset when it comes to presentation. Where everything feels streamlined and basic. In those situations, you don't really care about presentation because you are in the battle with some one. But for an offline experience, Madden has sorely lacked in the presentation front.

I always had an issue with them acquiring the ESPN license and basically only using for NCAA games and NBA Live. I understand they might not want to be compared to how 2k did theirs. But they haven't taken full advantage of it. They essentially use it so ESPN can advertise their games. In a sense, It doesn't really matter because once I'm fully into a game, I zone most of the extra stuff out. But the same generic streamline broadcasts has gotten tiring. I think NFL Network should be the way to go. Unless you acquire Fox and CBS, there's a chance that one of those companies feels some type of way. NFLN already promotes Madden. That way just use their broadcast package and you aren't locked into particular broadcasters. With other Broadcast packages, you are almost inclined to use their set analysts. With NFLN, it would give them flexibility

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »