Home

Madden NFL 20 Team Ratings Revealed (Overall, Defense, Offense)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Team Ratings Revealed (Overall, Defense, Offense) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2019, 05:35 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Team Ratings Revealed (Overall, Defense, Offense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
It's a formula, cowboys team is littered with talent most people don't deny that
Theres also other teams littered with much better talent.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:46 AM   #58
Banned

Quote:
I mean they got pretty close to to being in the championship game, I don't get why people keep thinking this is a 6-10 team plus they get Frederick back this year.
Oh i dont know, maybe because they ranked 22nd in yards, 22nd in PPG just a mere FG away from the 28th ranked team, 21st in Yards per play, 19th in first downs, 23rd in passing yards per game, 22nd in passing TDs per game, 15th in rushing yards per attempt, 16th in rushing TDs, 29th in red zone conversion percentage below 50%, 16th in Sacks, 18th in Pass Deflections, 26th in Interceptions, 12th in fumbles, only a +3 in TO differential, etc

I mean the list goes on and on and on and on, statistically speaking, they were below average to mediocre at almost literally everything last year

If that translates to being one of the best teams in the league then its time for someone else to do the ratings, but then again madden gets it wrong every year with the cowboys so this is why no one is surprised.

Until they win something they should never break the top 10. Never.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:23 AM   #59
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77stormbreaker
Oh i dont know, maybe because they ranked 22nd in yards, 22nd in PPG just a mere FG away from the 28th ranked team, 21st in Yards per play, 19th in first downs, 23rd in passing yards per game, 22nd in passing TDs per game, 15th in rushing yards per attempt, 16th in rushing TDs, 29th in red zone conversion percentage below 50%, 16th in Sacks, 18th in Pass Deflections, 26th in Interceptions, 12th in fumbles, only a +3 in TO differential, etc

I mean the list goes on and on and on and on, statistically speaking, they were below average to mediocre at almost literally everything last year

If that translates to being one of the best teams in the league then its time for someone else to do the ratings, but then again madden gets it wrong every year with the cowboys so this is why no one is surprised.

Until they win something they should never break the top 10. Never.
These guys (Cowboys) have stars or superstars at every position. I think their Madden rating more or less reflects that. The fact that they somehow always fail to put it on the field is a whole different story.

I wouldn't be so pissed off. It's only a TEAM rating after all. Doesn't really affect the gameplay in Play Now or CFM, one way or the other, as far as I know. But as a cannon fodder for heated online discussions, it's apparently invaluable.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 07-19-2019, 07:56 AM   #60
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
It's a formula, cowboys team is littered with talent most people don't deny that
Every team has talent.
Rating players based on talent alone is a pretty flawed method.

Ravens had a better offense and defense then the cowboys yet according to the formula and ratings are a worse team even though both teams finished with a 10-6 record
Old 07-19-2019, 07:57 AM   #61
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Ahhhh.... the annual griping about Cowboys ratings. A tradition like no other.
Well, the tradition of overrating them had to technically come first!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2019, 11:41 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
These guys (Cowboys) have stars or superstars at every position. I think their Madden rating more or less reflects that. The fact that they somehow always fail to put it on the field is a whole different story.

I wouldn't be so pissed off. It's only a TEAM rating after all. Doesn't really affect the gameplay in Play Now or CFM, one way or the other, as far as I know. But as a cannon fodder for heated online discussions, it's apparently invaluable.

Theres at least 5 teams i can name off the top of my head with more stars and talent. No one is pissed off, we are just calling it the fraud that it is.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #63
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

I honestly feel like they did a good job with the ratings this year. I can understand the balance with the ratings before the season starts. I'm sure they will change as the season plays out. I never fret about preseason rankings anyway.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #64
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Every team has talent.
Rating players based on talent alone is a pretty flawed method.

Ravens had a better offense and defense then the cowboys yet according to the formula and ratings are a worse team even though both teams finished with a 10-6 record

The team OVR rating is merely a sum of the players OVR ratings .. ie a reflection of the talent level on the roster

Its does not take into account play calling , scheme , coaching and any number of other things that make a successful team

I'm a skins fan an even I can see the cowboys have a talented roster , whether that translates to wins is another matter

Last edited by briz1046; 07-19-2019 at 06:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »