Home

"Game Settings*Sliders*Traits* Etc.*

This is a discussion on "Game Settings*Sliders*Traits* Etc.* within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:02 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: "Game Settings*Sliders*Traits* Etc.*

Fumbles were only a problem for me when playing against Landon Collins and Derwin James who hit stick for every tackle. It was way over the top so hopefully they scale back the hit stick on every tackle ability. I turned fumble slider to 65 and didn't have a problem after that but it still looks cheesy that those guys never made normal tackles. I like the idea to fear them but just tune it.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #18
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Responses

Glad to see so many responses. The more info provided the better. Thanks !
Old 07-17-2019, 10:45 AM   #19
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Tears
Fumbles were only a problem for me when playing against Landon Collins and Derwin James who hit stick for every tackle. It was way over the top so hopefully they scale back the hit stick on every tackle ability. I turned fumble slider to 65 and didn't have a problem after that but it still looks cheesy that those guys never made normal tackles. I like the idea to fear them but just tune it.

Yeah it seemed like almost everyone did 90% hit sticks in the beta. There was enough feedback about that, the facemasks, and the fumbles that i think they'll have it in a good place for release.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I didn't want to spend the beta time on sliders, but if I did change anything it would of been fumbles & CPU Accuracy. Also will be looking at the big hitter trait, seemed overpowered on the beta.

Other then that the gameplay was far superior from Madden 19.

Settings

All Madden
15 min qtrs with acclerated clock
Injuries on 10

I know I"ll be modding game play on PC, so changing sliders aren't really needed & well stay on 97% default. Tested threshold on 0 & 100. 100 played really well.
Philosophically I agree with you 100% about the big hitter trait and when I first started the Beta I was definitely going to disable it. As I played more of the Beta thought I begin to feel that it might be a necessary evil because it forces players to always cover the ball and not spin and juke as much especially in traffic.

The threat of fumbling or getting injured needs to be there to keep offensive players honest in terms of fearing those guys who bring the lumber, so although I don't like the way the big hits animate I think that I will leave it on to keep the realism of outcomes despite the jarring aesthetic.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #21
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I had a variety, but not the quantity. Saw a couple of DPIs, which was nice, some facemasks/FS/offsides...not enough holding calls though. Overall, it's still quite muted.
And this was at default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #22
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
And this was at default?
As always
Old 07-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #23
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
And this was at default?
Josh's unique approach to slider-making is quite legendary around here.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 07-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #24
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Philosophically I agree with you 100% about the big hitter trait and when I first started the Beta I was definitely going to disable it. As I played more of the Beta thought I begin to feel that it might be a necessary evil because it forces players to always cover the ball and not spin and juke as much especially in traffic.

The threat of fumbling or getting injured needs to be there to keep offensive players honest in terms of fearing those guys who bring the lumber, so although I don't like the way the big hits animate I think that I will leave it on to keep the realism of outcomes despite the jarring aesthetic.
Agreed, definitely need to test this more next week. Maybe if they tuned the fumbles the big hitter factor won't be such a bad trait. Fumbles can be tuned on PC without touching the slider, so I'm not really worried about either. I also noticed some shifting when the big hitter trait was enabled it seemed, but was minimal.

Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »