Home

Create A Playbook?

This is a discussion on Create A Playbook? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Create A Playbook?

I've done a bit of Google searching and can't find a definite answer here. Is this feature still in the game for Madden 20? It's literally a make-or-break for me. Can somebody who's played the beta or with more knowledge than me clarify?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Create A Playbook?

Don't quote me 100%, but I remember talking with someone on here about gameplans and they were talking about what they saw in the beta with created playbooks so I'm pretty certain it IS in. I know the beta impressions thread has about 1,000 posts but you may find our convo in there. Can't remember where it was.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #3
MVP

The ability to create custom playbooks was in the beta. There was no change to the process or usability from M19.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:40 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
The ability to create custom playbooks was in the beta. There was no change to the process or usability from M19.
If this is the case then I would not recommend M20 if custom books are a make-or-break feature for you. The only practical use for custom books in M19 was to eliminate formations you did not use and setting custom audibles.

If you tried to add formations that weren't originally in your book then once you got to a game they would appear in random order at the play call screen.

If you tried to add plays to formations you already had then the audibles you set would bug out and at least 2-3 formations would not have the right ones once you got into a game.

Custom books have been a big mess since they were reintroduced. The game deciding not to honor the audibles you've selected has been a problem the entire time.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
If this is the case then I would not recommend M20 if custom books are a make-or-break feature for you. The only practical use for custom books in M19 was to eliminate formations you did not use and setting custom audibles.

If you tried to add formations that weren't originally in your book then once you got to a game they would appear in random order at the play call screen.

If you tried to add plays to formations you already had then the audibles you set would bug out and at least 2-3 formations would not have the right ones once you got into a game.

Custom books have been a big mess since they were reintroduced. The game deciding not to honor the audibles you've selected has been a problem the entire time.

Everyone gets EA Access for 10 hours regardless of your platform so just try it out and see how it works before assuming they're awful in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 01:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus

They've been a mess, but they've been a workable mess. Would 10x over rather play with a custom playbook of my own disorganized plays that I eventually get used to than suffer through the countless singleback formations I never use in every other playbook -_-. I always enjoyed taking out all the lame stuff and making the closest thing possible to an air raid game I could make.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Everyone gets EA Access for 10 hours regardless of your platform so just try it out and see how it works before assuming they're awful in this game.
I wasn't assuming anything other than the truthfulness of the poster who clearly stated custom books were unchanged in the M20 beta.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #8
MVP

What really bothers me about custom playbooks is the inability to assign them to CPU teams in franchise mode without a crazy workaround. I can deal with the disorganization and even audibles that do not work correctly.

I also wish you could just start a playbook truly from scratch and that there were no ridiculous rules where certain plays are in the playbook simply because they have to be there. You can remove them, but they are still there.

Overall, while they are not perfect, I am willing to deal with what is there, and it works well enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »