Home

One Week Out From EA Access... What Will You Do With Your 10 Hours?

This is a discussion on One Week Out From EA Access... What Will You Do With Your 10 Hours? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2019, 04:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: One Week Out From EA Access... What Will You Do With Your 10 Hours?

To anyone who tries out the QB1 mode during their 10 hours and gets drafted, check to see how your player’s inclusion into the draft class effects the rest of the draft. For instance if you play really well and end up a 1st round pick, say the Giants take you with their first pick, does that mean Daniel Jones slides down the draft or do the Giants end up with both your player and Jones.

I could see this going either way. It would be a massive disappointment if the draft stays exactly the same but your guy is just thrown in there. This would mean that whichever team picks you ends up with two players taken at the exact same draft spot. But at the same time if you end up going 1st overall to the Cardinals that means the butterfly effect of Murray not going 1st overall changes the entire landscape of the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 1
One Week Out From EA Access... What Will You Do With Your 10 Hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
You're gonna love it man! Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you play.

Typically every year we hear from the EA Gamechangers how awesome the gameplay is, how it's the most authentic ever, the game that puts the final nail in 2K's coffin, etc. And then the game comes out, and it's good, but nowhere near the hype, and we hear about how EA changed this/that. What makes this year so exciting for me, personally, is hearing folks from OS say these wonderful things about gameplay from playing the beta. Most of the posters here are sane enough to be taken seriously lol So when I read that this is the biggest jump in gameplay since Madden 13, I stand up and listen.

And the cool thing, again for me, is if the retail version ends up changed and we're back to regular old Madden, at least I'll know the game really was in a better state at one point and it wasn't just hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
If you didn't play the beta you're probably going to love the on field gameplay. Assuming that it's like the beta but with even more polish it should be a really fun game to play on the field. If franchise is the main driving force on whether or not you buy the game the verdict is still out. I'm hoping what we saw from the scenario engine and from franchise in general was just stripped down for the beta. I will be spending around half of the 10 hours in play now and the other half doing some test sims in franchise mode to get a better look at the effects of the scenario engine, and checking for any issues with the mode.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gameplay is tops for me, definitely. I'm of the rare opinion that Franchise is a decent enough mode (even if I do wish it were deeper), but without good gameplay there's no reason to engage with it. Madden 19 was the first time since 06 that I actively disliked the gameplay enough to drop Madden after a month, so if gameplay is great then I'm all set for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 07-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #27
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Going to jump into a test franchise and just play that the entire time.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:26 PM   #28
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Test franchise for sure.

I will play various match-ups around the league. All I care about is franchise gameplay.

When the retail drops I will certainly give QB1 mode a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-17-2019, 05:33 PM   #29
Pro

I want to check out the superstar and x-factor traits/abilities, do a couple sims in franchise to see how things look 5, 10+ years down the road, see how cpu drafting & lower OVR ratings mesh, and see if teams "feel" different.

Also, I think Clint had posted on Twitter some gif? thing that cycled through all the teams really fast. You pressed to stop it, and whatever team it stopped on is your team. I'll be running with the Miami freak'n Dolphins and future Hall of Famer Josh Rosen in one franchise.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-17-2019, 05:36 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I wanna get a quarter season done on default All Pro to see if AP is viable for me this year.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So this will be available on PS4 now, right? How much?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #32
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
You can get as many hours as you want. Buy the $5 access on different accounts. When you load up the game switch back to your main account. Works perfectly.

Do you need xbox live on the other accounts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »