Home

How Face of the Franchise effects the Draft?

This is a discussion on How Face of the Franchise effects the Draft? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 05:05 PM   #25
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Face of the Franchise effects the Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Because it is such a ridiculous and foolish mode and complete utter waste of time. They saw that the "Long shot" nonsense was garbage and instead of just getting rid of it, they polish it and find another way to force it on us.

lol ok.... so....

1. It's not forced on anyone
  2. It's not ridiculous or foolish or a waste of time. This a billion times better than longshot. It's customizable and it fulfills the desire of many to pretend they have athleticism and are able to go through the draft process as a QB.
  3. This mode is bringing us the College Football Playoff and multiple playable college teams and games. Even for people that hate the mode, this is the closest to NCAA we've gotten for awhile and that we may get for awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #26
Rookie

Do people really think that you'll replace the draft pick your team has taken in real life and the rest of the draft will be simulated taking this butterfly effect into account ? I say no way jose.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:16 PM   #27
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
lol ok.... so....

1. It's not forced on anyone
  2. It's not ridiculous or foolish or a waste of time. This a billion times better than longshot. It's customizable and it fulfills the desire of many to pretend they have athleticism and are able to go through the draft process as a QB.
  3. This mode is bringing us the College Football Playoff and multiple playable college teams and games. Even for people that hate the mode, this is the closest to NCAA we've gotten for awhile and that we may get for awhile.
I can promise right now that I will play through, at the very least, the college series 10 times just to play on each college team.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
So , what would be your solution ? Because my feeling is anything that re-orders the rest of the draft, and thus would change which players are on which teams wouldn't be either popular or realistic/ immersive
Just provide an option for either. Similar to starting franchise and allowing users to choose current roster or full redraft.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Just provide an option for either. Similar to starting franchise and allowing users to choose current roster or full redraft.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Man, I’d say just make QB1 always be a butterfly effect type of deal where your players presence changes the draft. People who want rosters to stay the same and don’t care about draft position not making sense can just do a player CFM as a QB. They’ve already confirmed a lot of the features for QB1 mode will carry over to CFM if you play as a QB.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
Come on man... EA took all these steps to give us a great career mode where they brought back college football teams. They let you play the combine, have your guy at the draft holding a jersey. This is supposed to be an immersive mode where your created player is inserted into this year’s draft class. Shrugging off my points as “Well, use your imagination, it’s just a game lolol” is so weak.

But I really shouldn’t be at all surprised because offline madden for the last decade has been left up to us players’ imaginations for any and all immersion.

It LITERALLY is a fantasy mode. So no its *NOT* cutting EA some sort of slack to have to use your imagination here, the whole point of the mode is that us couch potatoes are being drafted into the NFL...

So just to envision that scenario requires suspension of disbelief...why should the aspect of draft order then ruin anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-18-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Because it is such a ridiculous and foolish mode and complete utter waste of time. They saw that the "Long shot" nonsense was garbage and instead of just getting rid of it, they polish it and find another way to force it on us.

There's nothing at all ridiculous or "waste of time" about, what is essentially MyPlayer mode for Madden. It's been very well received in NBA2k and Fifa. Most sports games really love the idea of putting themselves into a sports game.

If you don't like it then don't play it. Plenty of other things to do in Madden!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Last edited by ODogg; 07-18-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 05:53 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
This doesn’t make sense. We should be rivals with the QBs in this draft class. Not replace them entirely.

We likely aren't replacing anyone...my guess is well be in there with the other players. We shall see..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »