Home

How Face of the Franchise effects the Draft?

This is a discussion on How Face of the Franchise effects the Draft? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 08:03 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How Face of the Franchise effects the Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It LITERALLY is a fantasy mode. So no its *NOT* cutting EA some sort of slack to have to use your imagination here, the whole point of the mode is that us couch potatoes are being drafted into the NFL...

So just to envision that scenario requires suspension of disbelief...why should the aspect of draft order then ruin anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is *ABSOLUTELY* cutting EA slack by saying “it’s a video game, use your imagination, lolol” How can you not see that?? This is hilarious to me that you don’t understand this. You’re cutting EA an enormous amount of slack by resorting to blaming ME for pointing out this new mode’s shortcomings if (I.E.) Daniel Jones and my player share a draft spot.

I’m sick and tired of “using my imagination” to add any semblance of immersion into Madden. That is something an EA shill would say to shut consumers up. Quit making excuses for EA, it’s just pathetic at this point. That line of thinking is part of the reason Madden has been in a state of complete stasis over the last decade.

I pay $60 to NOT have to use my imagination. I could just stare at the tv and pretend I’m playing a great NFL game for free. There’s a reason EA doesn’t use their old “it’s in the game” slogan for Madden anymore, because it more than likely isn’t in the game... until next year’s iteration anyways.

There’s a fine line between just b*tching and moaning about Madden and actually calling EA out on their trope of focusing on monetizing their game beyond the $60 they initially get out of you, instead of adding meaningful improvements to modes like CFM and career mode.

We’re on the same side here, or at least I’d like to think we are. But you being dismissive in this situation and being fine with mediocrity is the reason this game hasn’t lived up to its potential of being the ONLY NFL licensed game on the market.

Last edited by shockl3y; 07-18-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just a thought. Maybe it’ll be hard as heck to get drafted number 1 , kinda like 2K10-13 possible but you had to do a lot.

Then if you don’t go number 1, you don’t go 6 or 15 also.

That way if the roster stays the same as the real life counterpart it’s not 2 QBs same pick

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
Just a thought. Maybe it’ll be hard as heck to get drafted number 1 , kinda like 2K10-13 possible but you had to do a lot.

Then if you don’t go number 1, you don’t go 6 or 15 also.

That way if the roster stays the same as the real life counterpart it’s not 2 QBs same pick

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Honestly I wouldn’t mind this at all.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
How Face of the Franchise effects the Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
It is *ABSOLUTELY* cutting EA slack by saying “it’s a video game, use your imagination, lolol” How can you not see that?? This is hilarious to me that you don’t understand this. You’re cutting EA an enormous amount of slack by resorting to blaming ME for pointing out this new mode’s shortcomings if (I.E.) Daniel Jones and my player share a draft spot.

I’m sick and tired of “using my imagination” to add any semblance of immersion into Madden. That is something an EA shill would say to shut consumers up. Quit making excuses for EA, it’s just pathetic at this point. That line of thinking is part of the reason Madden has been in a state of complete stasis over the last decade.

I pay $60 to NOT have to use my imagination. I could just stare at the tv and pretend I’m playing a great NFL game for free. There’s a reason EA doesn’t use their old “it’s in the game” slogan for Madden anymore, because it more than likely isn’t in the game... until next year’s iteration anyways.

There’s a fine line between just b*tching and moaning about Madden and actually calling EA out on their trope of focusing on monetizing their game beyond the $60 they initially get out of you, instead of adding meaningful improvements to modes like CFM and career mode.

We’re on the same side here, or at least I’d like to think we are. But you being dismissive in this situation and being fine with mediocrity is the reason this game hasn’t lived up to its potential of being the ONLY NFL licensed game on the market.

So you're saying it is within the realm of realism that you could actually be drafted in the NFL?

No?

Ok then, boom, you're using your imagination LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-18-2019, 09:51 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
So you're saying it is within the realm of realism that you could actually be drafted in the NFL?

No?

....But no, I didn’t say that and idk how that was your only takeaway from that 5 paragraph essay I typed.

Last edited by shockl3y; 07-18-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 10:02 PM   #46

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

No?

I don't even agree with him but this is one of the worst defenses of an argument I have ever seen on this site.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y

....But no, I didn’t say that and idk how that was your only takeaway from that 5 paragraph essay I typed.

I did not say that you said that, I was asking a question and then presuming your answer, of course, would be a no.

Your answer would be yes???

My point was the very modes premise, that one of us gamers would be drafted, requires you imagining, so your constant refrain that "we shouldn't have to use our imagination" rings quite hollow.

Just by starting up the mode you already are..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't even agree with him but this is one of the worst defenses of an argument I have ever seen on this site.

Actually it's a very logical argument. Sorry you don't understand it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »