Home

Madden NFL 20 Developer Stream (Archived) - Gameplay & Franchise Beta Updates

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Developer Stream (Archived) - Gameplay & Franchise Beta Updates within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 20 Developer Stream Starting Now - Discussing Gameplay & Franchise Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Just gonna toss this out there- A few of the big things that they've kept at beta level are thanks to the OS community. The pass rush, the illegal man downfield penalties, the throwing animations.

How they've talked about all of these things is that they noticed people complaining about them and then other people came in to comment and show that those things didn't need to be changed. I know from our beta thread that a lot of the OS people who were in the beta were the ones commenting on those threads and helping show that they didn't need to be changed.

OS was 100% heard during the beta.
Absolutely, and the past several weeks, Simfbcritic was pounding those same rocks on Twitter.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:31 AM   #58
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Developer Stream Starting Now - Discussing Gameplay & Franchise Bet

I swear, in beta, each time someone complained about the pass rush I was creating a counter reply. I was like, "How dare you come in here with that noise." lol
Old 07-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #59
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Going to be releasing less updates this year and they're going to make sure that their updates aren't breaking other things in the game before the drop them.

This should hopefully prevent another situation like the stumbling RB's from last year.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #60
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I swear, in beta, each time someone complained about the pass rush I was creating a counter reply. I was like, "How dare you come in here with that noise." lol
i think someone is casual gamer who complained about that
Old 07-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Clint mentioned passing but I missed it due to phone call. If anyone has this info please post, TY.
Only change I heard them mentioning is that some people complained that they were having trouble with "leading" the ball when passing. Clint said they tuned that.

I loved the passing in the Beta in that, when using the lead stick, I could throw the ball more easily to a spot, since the ball didn't seem as "tethered" to the receiver. I thought it was a major improvement and brought an increased level of skill and user control to the passing game. I am hoping they didn't over-tune this ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
i think someone is casual gamer who complained about that
There were a lot of casual gamer's, then, because it was a big huge thread in the beta forums.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #63
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesboom
They didn't change anything to Pass Rush, but now if you put a TE whose lined up at the line of scrimmage in a Block and Release route, he'll block until you hit his button to tell him to run his route. Another blocking update will come later in a title update.
What?!?!? That is an awesome gameplay mechanic and I am really excited to use this
Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #64
Rookie

adelfish's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Steve, thank you again for giving out beta codes here. I got my beta code here and made that contract post that they mentioned in the stream that helped influence 5th year options and the contract things that they're looking into for the future.

Cool to see the OS community making a difference in the game.
Well done! Can I get a link to your original post regarding the contracts?

Game Broadcasts:http://www.twitch.tv/adelfish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »