Home

Your favorite Madden video game

This is a discussion on Your favorite Madden video game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Your favorite Madden video game

Just as the title says. My personal favorite is Madden 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Your favorite Madden video game

Madden 15. First true next gen title with next gen graphics. Had a ton of fun that year.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

Madden 19 & 20 Loved Making The Switch To The PC For The First Time Since Madden 08.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady
Old 07-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
MVP

19 with high optimism that 20 will surpass it. The series has been trending in a very positive direction for a few years. M18 and M19 after final patches were big leaps forward in terms of Xs and Os football. If you focus on the flaws to the exclusion of all else you're going to miss the forest for the trees.

Madden might be arcade football, but M19 - on the field - is far and away the most sophisticated arcade football game that's ever been released. Almost all of the game play tools provided can be used in service of making the game play more realistically.

If you want to adopt the mindset that you shouldn't be required to do those things or choose to get hung up on the fact that most of them are done after the huddle breaks then it's your loss. You missed out on the best Madden yet, and you'll probably miss out on M20, too.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #5
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Madden 11, my first ever console game. Loved the Extra Point in franchise mode to death. And every year since then I am always sad it was not brought back...
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

From a pure gameplay perspective, Madden 16. Easily the most balanced, sim-oriented experience. Progressive fatigue worked, penalties worked, the gameplay had a ton of variety to it. Just a really solid game.

Overall, probably Madden 19. Gameplay nowhere near as good (IMO) but there were just SO many key improvements made to franchise mode (and on-field presentation) between 16 and 19 that it elevated the overall package just a hair above 16.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #7

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

It was either 07 or 08 but pretty sure it was 07 on the original Xbox.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
MVP

For it's time, Madden 12 was probably my favorite overall, in that I played it for 5 straight years. Each team I played truly felt different, due to dynamic gameplans. Also, I could set up and organize my own gameplan and those plays would stack in order as to how I rated them. Furthermore, the custom sliders in that game worked amazingly well. If you just had the patience to carefully and evenly defeat sliders on the user side until the kick meter went All Madden fast, the gameplay experience was extremely challenging, without a scripted feel to the outcomes.

Overall, besides the countless tuning updates and bugs that arose during the cycle, Madden 19 was the most fun to play. While it was painfully obvious that EA was unable to properly tune RPM to CPU ballcarriers, I loved the feel of controlling my ballcarriers with it. I felt like my player was on the field, rather than "floating" above it. Also, the improvements regarding Cover 3 Match, Tampa 2 and Man Coverage were outstanding. Finally, I could stop "all curls" by playing man and shading both inside and underneath.

Revisionist history, but I do wish that EA could have kept and built onto the framework that was in place for Madden 12, while adding online features like MUT separately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »