Home

Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations.

This is a discussion on Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2019, 10:32 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Madden 19 was a title I purchased after participating in the beta even though I wasn't happy with the direction the beta was going with player movement, pass rush, coverages, and animation interactions. The game played very stiff. Suction tackling. ineffective coverages which got worse after a title update that further destroyed Cover 4. My desire, my motivation to play the game was removed altogether after about 1 1/2 months though I continued to play because I love football.

Madden 20. Participated in the beta and knew almost immediately that I was in love. All the issues I had with previous Madden games, including superman Linebackers were eliminated. I felt motivated, not just to play M20, but to study and practice the game. The big concern after the beta was, are they going to nerf pass rush or bring back super LBs, etc?

M19 got progressively worse through the beta because it was reverting back to M18 gameplay thus showing no improvement in the key area I believe most important in football games, the gameplay.

The M20 post-beta time period had me concerned that the gameplay was going to regress once again. Thankfully all my concerns were washed away after listening to the recent M20 stream. Pass rush was not touched. Gameplay will remain as the beta.

In fact, with the addition of the TE block and release system, and the apparent addition of another blocking mechanic, I feel the gameplay will be even better than the beta. And with focus on blocking mechanics, I have to assume the pass is going to remain a strong point going forward. WINNING.
Maybe lead blocking control is back? This would remove some of the issues of clueless fullbacks and pulling lineman making really dumb decisions sometimes on who to block.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #10
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm torn, honestly. I didnt love the last 2 years that I purchased, franchise was boring and stale. I kept my copy of NCAA 14 and I can tinker with it to actually get a challange out of it. I may just pay the 4.99 for Access, and see if I will truly enjoy it.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 07-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I had good expectations last year and they were met, this year I have really high expectations after playing the beta

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 10:19 AM   #12
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't see any substantial featues added to CFM, which is all I care about. I'm not drinking the kool aid.

Here’s a look at the most exciting Madden 20 features and upgrades from Madden 19.
QB1 Personalized Scenarios for Franchise
Create a College QB & Play NCAA Championships
Superstar X-Factor
Play the Pro Bowl
Unique Playbooks
New Option Plays
Pump Fake Upgrades
MUT Missions
On-Field Trainer
New Celebrations
Old 07-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

You are correct about CFM, no doubt, but you didn't mention anything about how clean and smooth looking game play is.

It's a huge different from 19, huge.

No kool aide needed.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:06 AM   #14
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You are correct about CFM, no doubt, but you didn't mention anything about how clean and smooth looking game play is.

It's a huge different from 19, huge.

No kool aide needed.
LOL.. Gameplay, well I'm not playing games, I'm watching games CPU vs CPU in offline CFM, looking at video's all I see are no refs.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:20 AM   #15
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
LOL.. Gameplay, well I'm not playing games, I'm watching games CPU vs CPU in offline CFM, looking at video's all I see are no refs.
And there is your problem.. Never understood why people drop 80 dollars on games, for them not to play it and just watch it like a TV show..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #16
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Drake28
And there is your problem.. Never understood why people drop 80 dollars on games, for them not to play it and just watch it like a TV show..

Well, I doubt they are but the $80 version since that only benefits online players. But I kinda get. I don’t control the defense anymore, it’s kinda cool to watch from the broadcast cam. Wish the had a true coach mode though so I could just pick the plays.

Btw, we need a radar or something in the corner so we can try to play in broadcast mode if we want. That’d be nice.

But as far as expectations, I had none for M19 and didn’t decide to get it until after the SB when it was only $10 or $15. I was happy with it for that price. This year, I started to have a little bit more expectations after the few Franchise changes, but it slowly went down after more details arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »