Home

Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations.

This is a discussion on Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 VS Madden 20 Expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Drake28
And there is your problem.. Never understood why people drop 80 dollars on games, for them not to play it and just watch it like a TV show..
Because people like the simulation aspects and may not be interested in actual hands on play.

I believe there used to be a Madden game suited for people who just wanted to sim called Coaches mode or something like that.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:36 AM   #18
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
Because people like the simulation aspects and may not be interested in actual hands on play.

I believe there used to be a Madden game suited for people who just wanted to sim called Coaches mode or something like that.
NFL head coach yep. If I was giving the option to play games on that game I would of.. You can do both you know.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #19
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Drake28
And there is your problem.. Never understood why people drop 80 dollars on games, for them not to play it and just watch it like a TV show..
I don't view it has a problem but as a choice, You not understanding may be a problem..LOL

It's a different way of playing the game, It's on my slider OP.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:32 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
LOL.. Gameplay, well I'm not playing games, I'm watching games CPU vs CPU in offline CFM, looking at video's all I see are no refs.
Ok, thanks for that information.

That would explain why you wouldn't to be able to determine the major differences between 19 and 20 for gameplay.

I did not know based on your post.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #21
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ok, thanks for that information.

That would explain why you wouldn't to be able to determine the major differences between 19 and 20 for gameplay.

I did not know based on your post.
Yep, this is true and why I would be more concerned about what's new with CFM.
I am happy for you gameplay guys tho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #22
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

For me 19 was a step backwards from 18. So improvement in 20 from 19 necessarily won't make it great unless the strides are in all departments. And I'm definitely not expecting that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2019, 08:14 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Well I had sky high expectations for Madden 20 based on the beta and somehow the game has actually surpassed those sky high expectations..just wow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-26-2019, 03:24 PM   #24
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I play both betas, and I was somewhat pleased with 19 beta, but completely blown away by 20 beta.

19 beta felt like a beta. I actually liked the rpm feature and loved how my rb felt. But, I think I also noticed how awful the cpu rb looked. Lol. I quickly saw some times when the cpu rb would juke for no reason when he had open field in front of him to end up losing 2-5 yards when he should’ve gained 20+. Lol. So, that was an instant knock.

There were some other glitches that I don’t specifically recall at the moment. But, I remember thinking, ‘hopefully, this is because it’s a beta.’ Lol. Some of that was true, I believe, some was not. And, I can’t remember if this was 18 or 19, and honestly, I can’t remember if 18 had a beta, and if so, did I play it? Lol. But, I recall the pass coverage being AMAZING in the beta, and totally realistic. This ended up being a bug, Clint said, and it got completely nerfed at launch. Pretty sure the entire OS community was disappointed by that.

But, again, overall, for me, I can say that the 19 beta had me ‘optimistic,’ and I was def going to buy.

The 20 beta was quite simply put, ‘the MOST polished madden FULL game of ALL TIME!’ Lol. I was expecting similar glitches to 19 beta being littered throughout the gameplay. Man, was I WRONG! I was absolutely amazed by the polish on this game, and the fact it was a beta made that polish shine even more. And, truly, I don’t wish to criticize madden devs, specifically, I know it’s a challenging field, but I have to admit, given madden’s history with clunky game releases and patches that break patches and whatnot, I absolutely could not have expected that polish to be on the 20 beta. So, that stood out the most to me. Along with that polish comes the responsive gameplay controls mixed with the crispness of the animations and players, along with better lighting this year, it all added up to me being truly excited for a madden game, again.

I’ve bought them all since 2k5, lol, but I’ve only been excited for 13 and 20, I’d say. 13 introduced real physics and actually played quite well, imo (and looks a lot like 20, imo), and 20 just nails it with ball trajectory, responsive controls, better animations, etc.

I’m def more excited for 20 than I was for 19. As an FYI, I finished my 10th or 11th season of 19 a few days ago. So, I plan on playing 20 all year as well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »