Home

Madden NFL 20 Beta Feedback and Gameplay Adjustments: Our Analysis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Beta Feedback and Gameplay Adjustments: Our Analysis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 10:18 PM   #25
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 20 Beta Feedback and Gameplay Adjustments: Our Analysis

I feel like the illegal man downfield penalties are going to be too much for some of us that like CPU v CPU games or Coach Mode games where we let the AI control the QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 11:00 PM   #26
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I feel like the illegal man downfield penalties are going to be too much for some of us that like CPU v CPU games or Coach Mode games where we let the AI control the QB's.

CPU isn't dumb in the game. The only time these penalties occur is when users that don't have an understanding of the rules and how RPOs work hold onto the ball. The Madden AI for these penalties is not broken. It is 100% human error that is causing these penalties.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:06 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I ran RPO plays a ton and not once did I get a penalty. Pass the ball right away or hand it off. Simple.
I got called for the penalty one time. It was legit, too. I didn't realize on the specific type of RPO I ran you had to press the button to give the ball so I didn't hand it off. I got caught off guard and threw a pass pretty late into the play. It was all my fault. The other 100+ times I ran an RPO I never saw a single penalty.

Maybe he saw some bugs with it? I don't want to call him a liar, so I will assume he saw some bug with regards to the penalty because I ran RPO's easily 100+ times, probably even 200-300+ times and the only penalty I saw was the one I described. The rest all went smooth.

― Plato
Old 07-22-2019, 11:08 PM   #28
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I got called for the penalty one time. It was legit, too. I didn't realize on the specific type of RPO I ran you had to press the button to give the ball so I didn't hand it off. I got caught off guard and threw a pass pretty late into the play. It was all my fault. The other 100+ times I ran an RPO I never saw a single penalty.

Maybe he saw some bugs with it? I don't want to call him a liar, so I will assume he saw some bug with regards to the penalty because I ran RPO's easily 100+ times, probably even 200-300+ times and the only penalty I saw was the one I described. The rest all went smooth.
I just think some people play RPOs like they are play action plays, instead of realizing you have to throw the ball before the HB gets to the ball.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I just think some people play RPOs like they are play action plays, instead of realizing you have to throw the ball before the HB gets to the ball.
You can pull the ball and pass it real quick, but there is a pretty fine line between when it isn't a penalty and when it is. If you do complete the fake hand-off like a PA then more times than not it will be a penalty. However, the guy seemed to be describing that he'd pass the ball as soon as the game let him and it would still be penalized. If that is truly the case then I hope he reported that on the feedback forums because he was definitely seeing a bug that we all never encountered.

― Plato
Old 07-23-2019, 08:59 AM   #30
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You can pull the ball and pass it real quick, but there is a pretty fine line between when it isn't a penalty and when it is. If you do complete the fake hand-off like a PA then more times than not it will be a penalty. However, the guy seemed to be describing that he'd pass the ball as soon as the game let him and it would still be penalized. If that is truly the case then I hope he reported that on the feedback forums because he was definitely seeing a bug that we all never encountered.

I honestly cannot remember ever seeing a penalty called IRL. You cant tell me these teams run to perfection every time on Sunday. Does the NFL just not call the penalty? Do you guys notice they miss this call or maybe they don't want to call it with this new RPO craze?
Old 07-23-2019, 09:23 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11
I honestly cannot remember ever seeing a penalty called IRL. You cant tell me these teams run to perfection every time on Sunday. Does the NFL just not call the penalty? Do you guys notice they miss this call or maybe they don't want to call it with this new RPO craze?
I think the refs are certainly not calling them very closely or looking at them closely. I'm sure its a combination of it being a quick bang-bang play, as well as it not being something they are used to looking for, compared to their other responsibilities on plays. You used to only rarely see it happen, mostly on busted plays etc.

I do wonder if the league will start clamping down on it as the RPO craze increases and coaches start to complain (if they aren't already).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2019, 09:44 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11
I've seen them call it but yeah it's not called as often as it should be.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »