Home

Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1?

This is a discussion on Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in

Sorry Canes, I stopped reading after seeing the beta gameplay improved some, that was enough for me.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It might be sad, but, you just can't ignore history, legacy coding, and timing, either.

People must think EA is going to change their business plan overnight.

It's still wait and see on the SE and it's impact in the game on the user end.
I never expected that, you know me better than that, but I did expect 5th-year options to be implemented in a better manner than as a scenario. That's just a band aid fix and nothing more. I did expect more on that front even with their history.

― Plato
Old 07-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Sorry Canes, I stopped reading after seeing the beta gameplay improved some, that was enough for me.
Why? That's not me knocking EA, that was me giving them props for all of the gameplay improvements. Don't assume the word some has a negative meaning behind it. You'd have known that if you actually read the paragraph.

― Plato
Old 07-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Why? That's not me knocking EA, that was me giving them props for all of the gameplay improvements. Don't assume the word some has a negative meaning behind it. You'd have known that if you actually read the paragraph.
Not simple enough to change your action verb to what you meant?

No need to take it the way you are, either.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
I never expected that, you know me better than that, but I did expect 5th-year options to be implemented in a better manner than as a scenario. That's just a band aid fix and nothing more. I did expect more on that front even with their history.
Before the beta, it wasn't a option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Not simple enough to change your action verb to what you meant?
If you'd have actually read the paragraph you would have seen I listed what I thought was improved in the beta which was a good amount in the gameplay department. You're getting hung up because I used the word some and you just assumed it was a slight at EA saying they didn't improve the gameplay enough. You making that assumption is purely on you.

― Plato
Old 07-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Before the beta, it wasn't a option.
I never said anything to dispute that. I only called the implementation poor in my opinion and I view their addition of it this way as a band aid. I don't see what is unfair about that.

― Plato
Old 07-22-2019, 01:57 PM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
The Scenario Engine being added and only affecting User teams is a step back for me. The way 5th-year options are presented is a step back for me.
Ignoring everything else and burrowing down specifically on this.

How is adding a new point of user interactivity into Franchise mode which did not previously exist a step backwards in any capacity?

How is adding a new lever for users to pull when managing player contracts - again, a lever which did not previously exist in the game for users to pull - a net step backwards in any capacity?

Do you honestly believe that these two new user mechanics existing in Madden 20 makes the game worse compared to Madden 19?

If you truly believe that: not only do I disagree with you, but I also personally think that that opinion is an incredibly obtuse one to hold. It's as if you're seeking out ways to be disappointed in the game, and that's not healthy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »