Home

Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1?

This is a discussion on Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 10:13 PM   #57
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Personally, me wanting the scenario engine for the CPU assumes they use it logically and appropriately. I think that can be assumed for anyone wanting it in for CPU teams as well. I can't imagine anyone here is wanting the scenario in for CPU teams even if it meant they were absolutely illogical in the majority of their decisions with it. Then that becomes one of those moments where and addition does actually take away from the mode that some people in this thread didn't know if that could be possible or not.
I agree with you, when the scenario engine is rolled out for the CPU my expectation would be the same as yours. However, as of madden 20, there has been no mention of the roster management being revamped to accommodate cap management which was even brought up during the beta in regards to the Jaguars. So until roster management can be revamped to have a team intelligently determine who to cut to make space for a 5th year option or other potential scenarios, I am more than happy with just users having access to it.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #58
Pro

Re: Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in

Little off base here, but does anyone know if you can toggle the scenerio engine, x-factors, etc, on and off in a franchise or are they features that can't be change once you start your franchise?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2019, 10:17 PM   #59
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Little off base here, but does anyone know if you can toggle the scenerio engine, x-factors, etc, on and off in a franchise or are they features that can't be change once you start your franchise?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
If I remember correctly you can turn all of it off. Both scenario engine and the x-factor/superstar abilities. I don't recall which option, but I know it's there.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Be that as it may, most NFL Simulation* people control all 32 teams anyway (or are in full user leagues), so it doesn’t necessarily have to be an issue.

*I use “NFL Simulation” because apparently many people use “Sim” to mean only “ratings decide,” while “NFL Similarion” means “The game is an attempt to simulate the NFL.”
I’m not sure on the statistics of it, but I know that at least in my case that isn’t true. I consider myself pretty far in the “nfl simulation” camp, but I only control 1 team (Eagles). For example, I go far enough to edit every one of my player’s contracts to mirror actual nfl guaranteed salaries and their actual cap hits. When I get past year 1 in CFM I re-adjust the salaries to mirror the new cap hits since the NFL structures money differently in each contract while Madden is always backloaded the same way. I do this until all of the real-life contracts on my team have expired. I also follow most other “house rules” to keep the game as realistic as possible.

Unless I’m alone, I’d say there are definitely some single team sim players.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Single-team sim user. Instead of putting in a ton of work to fix what EA should already have working properly, I always just limit myself to the same limitations the CPU has. That's on and off the field. No scenario engine for me since the CPU doesn't have it. No hot routing or any of that since the CPU doesn't use it. It's a lot quicker to limit myself than it is to spend the time in 32-team control trying to make everything work out the way it should. It's far from perfect, but I'm not the one paid to make the game work properly.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #62
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
I’m not sure on the statistics of it, but I know that at least in my case that isn’t true. I consider myself pretty far in the “nfl simulation” camp, but I only control 1 team (Eagles). For example, I go far enough to edit every one of my player’s contracts to mirror actual nfl guaranteed salaries and their actual cap hits. When I get past year 1 in CFM I re-adjust the salaries to mirror the new cap hits since the NFL structures money differently in each contract while Madden is always backloaded the same way. I do this until all of the real-life contracts on my team have expired. I also follow most other “house rules” to keep the game as realistic as possible.

Unless I’m alone, I’d say there are definitely some single team sim players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Single-team sim user. Instead of putting in a ton of work to fix what EA should already have working properly, I always just limit myself to the same limitations the CPU has. That's on and off the field. No scenario engine for me since the CPU doesn't have it. No hot routing or any of that since the CPU doesn't use it. It's a lot quicker to limit myself than it is to spend the time in 32-team control trying to make everything work out the way it should. It's far from perfect, but I'm not the one paid to make the game work properly.

You're right, I shouldn't have said "most." But a lot of them do because of the poor roster logic the CPU has. Basically it's a fail safe to prevent really stupid stuff like Patrick Mahomes not being resigned by the Chiefs.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:06 AM   #63
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
You can turn off the X-Factors and Superstar Abilities (Not separately, however). You cannot turn off the scenario engine. There's a career clock scenario option in settings that you can turn off but those only apply to player mode as a QB.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:40 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
You can turn off the X-Factors and Superstar Abilities (Not separately, however). You cannot turn off the scenario engine. There's a career clock scenario option in settings that you can turn off but those only apply to player mode as a QB.
I never tested that option out since I wanted to see what scenarios popped up in the beta. So we cannot even turn the Scenario Engine off playing through CFM as a coach? Jeez, this release keeps getting better.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »