Home

Optimal setup for CFM Fantasy Draft

This is a discussion on Optimal setup for CFM Fantasy Draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Optimal setup for CFM Fantasy Draft

A bit of an odd question, but looking for some guidance here.

My group of college friends, there are seven of us including me, are all in the same city. We will be doing a fantasy draft with the seven of us, and given that we're all in the same city, we think it would be fun to make a day out of it and do it all at one person's apartment.

Our idea is for everyone to bring their own PS4 over, have three or four TVs out, and setup the HDMIs so that each person is sharing a TV with just one other person. We'll pause the draft so that no-one times out on their pick, and then use a manual clock to keep everyone in line.

My question is ... is this the best way to do this? Are we going to run into serious WiFi issues having seven PS4s all tuned into the draft? Would it be easier to have just one or two PS4s setups, have everyone add their PSN profile to the console, and just switch users? Or is this more trouble than it's worth, and we should just all draft at our own homes on our own networks?

I cant imagine many have experience doing this, but still seeking feedback from those that know better about EA's network
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Optimal setup for CFM Fantasy Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
I cant imagine many have experience doing this, but still seeking feedback from those that know better about EA's network

It's not all dependent on EA's network but rather the connection you are using and your max download/upload speed and whether it is capped by the network provider and if it is a shared resource during peak times by other network users in your area. Also depends on background usage by the inactive PS4's that are still running but not primaries at the time. I would think if you are in a college town you are going to have all kinds of issues with maxing out and shared bandwidth. I would keep it at separate locations or maybe just 2 ps4's on the same connection. I know it is a pain but you might want to test with M19 or other game. Then again M20 is going to be hit hard during release as well
Old 07-22-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11
It's not all dependent on EA's network but rather the connection you are using and your max download/upload speed and whether it is capped by the network provider and if it is a shared resource during peak times by other network users in your area. Also depends on background usage by the inactive PS4's that are still running but not primaries at the time. I would think if you are in a college town you are going to have all kinds of issues with maxing out and shared bandwidth. I would keep it at separate locations or maybe just 2 ps4's on the same connection. I know it is a pain but you might want to test with M19 or other game. Then again M20 is going to be hit hard during release as well
We're not in a college town. It's Chicago, but not sure if that helps or complicates the matter
Old 07-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

Quote:
We're not in a college town. It's Chicago, but not sure if that helps or complicates the matter

It helps because obviously your infrastructure should be very mature and strong. I would check with the ISP you will be using and get your max upload and download speeds and also you can ask them if that setup would put to much load on one connection. If you get the right person on the phone they will know. You can also download aps and test the ISP speed. Below is a link that references some of the best apps.

https://www.lifewire.com/internet-sp...-sites-2626177
Old 07-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

I did four last year but everyone had there own tv. All were logged in on the wifi and we didn't have any problems. I'm in a much smaller area than Chicago and our infrastructure is no where close to yours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
I did four last year but everyone had there own tv. All were logged in on the wifi and we didn't have any problems. I'm in a much smaller area than Chicago and our infrastructure is no where close to yours.
Appreciate the feedback, and that's good to know. Ultimately it's much more fun if we're all together, given it's going to be a 6 hour event.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

Quote:
much more fun if we're all together, given it's going to be a 6 hour event.

I would suggest a keg
Old 07-22-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11
I would suggest a keg
Not out of the question!! Really excited for this, so hopefully we don’t run into any issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »