Home

Moving Teams?

This is a discussion on Moving Teams? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 02:16 PM   #1
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Moving Teams?

I haven't gotten Madden since I got a Xone a few years ago and was planning on it this year...

So how do you move teams in Franchise Mode? There's a couple of teams that I really don't care for and want to replace them. Can you do it when you start like in NBA 2K? And if not, how do you do it and see the team options (there's not an upload either right)?

Thanks for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Moving Teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
I haven't gotten Madden since I got a Xone a few years ago and was planning on it this year...

So how do you move teams in Franchise Mode? There's a couple of teams that I really don't care for and want to replace them. Can you do it when you start like in NBA 2K? And if not, how do you do it and see the team options (there's not an upload either right)?

Thanks for any help!
Be an owner.

Somewhere in the menus (I think under stadium) there is an option to relocate, but if I recall correctly it can only be done early in the season.

However, if you choose to change team names, you are stuck with the pre-supplied uniforms, unless you have Madden on PC and you modify the uniforms manually using Photoshop or GIMP or something similar.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Can you move teams before the first season?

I want to replace the Browns with the Toronto Huskies, but don't want to have to play a year in those brown jerseys & stuff.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Can you move teams before the first season?

I want to replace the Browns with the Toronto Huskies, but don't want to have to play a year in those brown jerseys & stuff.
Negative. THe earliest your relocated team can move is the second year IF you begin relocation at the start of the first season. But I wouldn't even bother. Your going to be stuck with crappy generic uniforms, team names, and stadiums for the duration of that CFM
Old 07-23-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Negative. THe earliest your relocated team can move is the second year IF you begin relocation at the start of the first season. But I wouldn't even bother. Your going to be stuck with crappy generic uniforms, team names, and stadiums for the duration of that CFM
It's dumb you can't switch out teams like NBA or even EAs NHL games.

I'd rather have the Huskies and maybe some other teams in my Franchise than a team like the Browns (and probably some others). Why have a team based on the worst color there is?

Thanks for the info though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #6
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
It's dumb you can't switch out teams like NBA or even EAs NHL games.

I'd rather have the Huskies and maybe some other teams in my Franchise than a team like the Browns (and probably some others). Why have a team based on the worst color there is?

Thanks for the info though.
I disagree. The browns are one of the most oldest and iconic football teams in the sports history. Plus their uniforms are more orange these days then anything else
Old 07-23-2019, 03:36 PM   #7
Pro

Unless they changed it...

As another poster commented, you have to play owner mode. Starting in week 3 under the "stadium" option, you can select relocate. Note: in league settings, you MUST choose "everyone can relocate." If you select 'normal' it's going to apply the real life logic... so a team like Dallas who just moved into a real stadium in real life will not be able to relocate.

Starting in week 5-8 (or 9... not sure) it will have you select stuff like the city, team name, uniforms, stadiums, etc etc.

I know it is a hassle. What I typically do go through those motions while simming the game. Once the draft etc etc is completed and preseason year 2 begins, I retire as an owner and create myself as a coach. Not the perfect solution but it's the best I can think of.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:35 PM   #8
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I disagree. The browns are one of the most oldest and iconic football teams in the sports history. Plus their uniforms are more orange these days then anything else
It's my opinion, so not sure how you can say it's wrong.

"I" think their logo and stuff is ugly. It's brown. So "I" want to replace them with another team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »