Home

Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 09:21 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
Naw it was in Madden 19 they jus never called it, Madden 18 they actually called it
The slider may have existed last year, but the penalty did not.

― Plato
Old 07-24-2019, 09:28 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 7

Presentation is almost the same as last year. Same pre game, halftime and post game.

It's as though almost nothing was done except cut and paste from Madden 19.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-24-2019, 09:36 PM   #75
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The slider may have existed last year, but the penalty did not.
Yea you're right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #76
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
Just finished Franchise game 1.... CPU game management horrible. Their final drive, starting 1:50 left, the Ravens were in hurry up mode with two time outs remaining (the first was used after the two-minute warning forcing me to punt). They didn't use any time outs, and the automatic 7 or 8 second runoff caused the clock to run all the way down.

It's amazing(ly bad) that the CPU never once used their time outs.
yes; it happened in my game also. its like they didnt prepare the cpu for the "quicker gameplay" if not fixed, i could see someone labeling this a game killer
Old 07-24-2019, 09:50 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
Yea you're right

The last time Def. Holding was called was M16. After that, Clint said they took it away. He did not like it being called
Old 07-24-2019, 10:01 PM   #78
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm blown away by how great the game looks this year. I half expected it, but it's still jarring how good it is aesthetically. For the most part it plays really well, but the high passing% on both sides has me worried. I dropped accuracy and it helped some, but it looks like another year where even the best defense is borderline useless even against a poor offense. Three times in one drive I had Chris Harris Jr awkwardly move in the completely wrong direction as soon as the ball was thrown, leading to big gains each time.

I'm looking forward to playing more, but I might just need to give in and enjoy Madden as a beautiful-looking arcade game with some solid sim components.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:07 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I'm playing on All-Madden level. In my first franchise preseason game, X-factor and Superstar players seem like they are on steroids. Elliot was bottled up, nowhere to go, yet he escaped for an 80 yd TD on 1st play. Prescott threw a perfect long bomb to Cobb on next drive. Witten broke one for 70 yards on their third drive. I like the challenge, and if playing on AM means getting the best of the AI, so be it. But if it's going to be big plays by X-factor/Superstar players on every possession, not sure that's realistic. I'm still learning the game though. Gameplay is very smooth. AI playcalling seems better than previous years. I just wish EA get rid of the WWE tackles already. I'm sure there are still a few lingering legacy issues, but they aren't as glaring in 20 as opposed to the rest of the Madden's this generation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I played the same matchup (BUF @ NYJ) twice, once on AM default and once on AP default. I noticed the same thing. In the AM game, the SSXF guys were crazy impactful, but in a way that looked like they were AM juiced. On AP, I saw some of their effects but it was way more subdued.

It's too early to tell if that was a sample size thing, but the difference in game play from level to level w/r/t SSXF manifestation jumped out to me.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:09 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 14

I’m pretty sure the game will be dissected (like in every year) and we’ll find TONS of problems. X-factor already seems overpowered and CPU AI looks to be in some bad, bad shape. Despite all of it, the new player motion is oh so refreshing. It’s the first time since the PS2 engine that running/carrying the ball feels fun/satisfying. Managed to pull some sick moves with Sony Michel (especially east to west) right at the point of impact that put a few smiles on my face. One in particular had me amazed: I broke a couple of tackles and once I was in the open, the player put his head down and shifted into another gear moving even faster than when the run started, a la AP when you see he’s struggling with his pace but keeps going. At the end of the day, if the game is capable of those lightning in the bottle moments, I can tolerate some of it’s rough edges like franchise broken logic, AI dumbness etc. This year had me at an all time low (interest/expectation wise) for the franchise. Now, I’m invested.

Last edited by Dantecamp21; 07-24-2019 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Grammar errors
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »