Home

Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhalljr
I get what you're saying, but 6 points in one season? Seems a bit much. Hopefully it's because of a bad season number wise. And hopefully if he has a great season he can bump up a point or two.
I agree, 6 points seems a bit much. I understand he's 36, but some guys should have a more gradual decline instead of falling out of the top 10 QB's (I'm assuming). Big Ben and Philip Rivers aren't young, I hope they don't have the same type of regression.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:16 PM   #18
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but 6 points in one season? Seems a bit much. Hopefully it's because of a bad season number wise. And hopefully if he has a great season he can bump up a point or two.
4400 yards, 40 TDs 10 INTs, SB MVP

This is 2019. Elite QBs dont regress in their mid 30s. See Brady, Brees. With this regression Rodgers will be in the 70s after 2 years and be useless. I dont think the Packers would have given him a big 4 year extension if that was the case lol.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-24-2019, 02:22 PM   #19
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8and9
Compare stats doesn’t work for online H2H once again, awesome!
This ridiculous. How does this not work again?
Old 07-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #20
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Default All-Pro USER running is still way too easy in my opinion. I had 200+ yards rushing in my game, even with Richardson getting 3 carries for negative 45 yards as I played around at the end. Redskins vs Saints. The CPU rushing attack was also nonexistant.
Only had time for 1 game but I had the same experience and it has me extremely worried. I know a lot of people can get past a non existent computer running game but I just can’t. It is completely the reason why I only played last year for 2 weeks, the year before, and the year before that. How this isn’t a major focus for the devs is a mystery.

I used to get insanely excited for Madden every year and now I just get disappointed. I miss playing football.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #21
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
4400 yards, 40 TDs 10 INTs, SB MVP

This is 2019. Elite QBs dont regress in their mid 30s. See Brady, Brees. With this regression Rodgers will be in the 70s after 2 years and be useless. I dont think the Packers would have given him a big 4 year extension if that was the case lol.
Whoah! That's an issue. Regression definitely needs some attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #22
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I was able to sneak a half of football in on my lunch but on my laptop and I have to say I am impressed. The game must have been optimized quite a bit as it played really smooth on my laptop @1080p. Usually I have to dumb a lot of stuff down by default to get smooth play but so far I am impressed. I played preseason game 1 between redskins and browns and it's a Thursday night game and lighting was incredible. This was on a 4 year old laptop too. Can't wait to try it on my gaming machine tonight.

Gameplay felt really good. Pocket formed well for Mayfield. Momentum for runners seemed good as they fell forward when hit most of the time rather than stopping in their tracks. I will say that there seemed to be a few too many "hitstick" tackles from CPU AI. Looked odd....like something you almost never see in real football but you do see in wrestling!

Unsportsmanlike penalty called on first play from scrimmage on CPU defender who hit me as I was going out of bounds. It was close but I say a good call. That didn't happen much in Madden 19 so to see it on the first play from scrimmage was nice.

More to come.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Whoah! That's an issue. Regression definitely needs some attention.
I think the issues probably stems from the fact that you can't regress in dev traits this year. Last year if your player performed well, they would retain their dev triat, and thus stave off regression. For instance I had a quarterback that was winning MVPs and OPOYs in his mid-late 30s, and he maintained Star or SS dev. As a result he wasn't regressing much, if at all most years. Where as other players would fall down to quick or normal, and then really start to regress.

This is typical EA putting a bandaid on a problem (no dev regression because sometimes it didn't make sense in 19), and causing bigger issues as a result.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:51 PM   #24
Rookie

dererstesoldat's Arena

OVR: 1

PC here: Neither FPS limiter or VSYNC seems to work. Running anywhere from 30fps in play call screens to 100+ during gameplay. It feels choppy, looks choppy, and the sound is choppy...oh my!

Updated NVIDIA drivers and all that good stuff but it didn't seem to help.

Oh, and I can't see any play art or the kick meter either, no matter the difficulty settings.

Game seems fine otherwise, just some severe technical issues hindering things so far!

Last edited by dererstesoldat; 07-24-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »