Home

I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@

This is a discussion on I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@ within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 12:47 AM   #65
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Dude, I’m likely not buying Madden b/c this feature isn’t in Madden and scenarios don’t work with cpu teams. But you can’t assume how long something like this would take them. These devs have had legit problems adding a lot of smaller things, it’s not all directly this dev teams fault. A lot of it has seemed to be the grounds that this game was built on with this gen’s build. That’s still on EA, but like I said, I wouldn’t doubt they have some serious hurdles to climb, like the UI with the roster photos cause a problem or something, we don’t know.

But they used to say just having a Pro Bowl with the different helmets would make the game crash back around M10. It shouldn’t be too difficult, but being around these forums seeing devs come and go, I’ve heard enough to know this series has had some serious design flaws that have made the simplest things difficult for the devs. It’s unfortunate and it’s still an issue EA needs to fix, but I doubt it’s as simple as you think it is.
I’m not trying to attack them. I’m just saying with this team it could be done. It’s just whether or not it’s a priority. Granted, there may be fsr more pressing issues coming up that we haven’t seen just yet.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 12:49 AM   #66
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You clearly show your misunderstanding of how game development works. You think the whole studio can drop their assignment and focus on that? Goodness.. I’ll let you keep being mad and not using logic.

And I’m actually a developer myself (not video games) so I completely understand the work flow and challenges to this stuff, but keep telling me how I’m wrong. I’ll see myself out of the convo now

PS I truly hope you realize we want the feature just as much as you do, we just aren’t letting anger rattle our common sense.
“Drop their assignment.” I am saying if they did exactly that it could be done. And they wouldn’t UNLESS there was a massive stink about it.

But honestly now that I’m not raging about I am now more concerned about some of the logic for zone coverage.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #67
Rookie

Pretty disappointing you can't 'transfer' your FoF QB into Franchise Mode, like with Longshot last year being able to play as Devin Wade and or having access to his face in Create-a-player.

I get FoF is 'technically' Connected Franchise, but I want to be able to have QB1 on a roster i fully control.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #68
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
I don’t get how being limited to the wack faces we’ve had for the last 5+ years when editing players is perfectly OK in the year 2019 when decent create a player face options are now IN THE GAME. That makes no sense.

You will have plenty of identical twins in your first draft class and every season after that it gets worse and worse until eventually everyone looks the same. It is an absolute immersion killer and one reason I rarely have a CFM last longer than 3 years.

Telling people not to tweet the devs about issues with the game is what’s even worse than that. I’m not saying spam them every minute with the same tweets. But tweeting them absolutely gets results, as I pointed out in my post. That’s good on them for responding to players directly and giving us what we actually want. The only way that happens is if people tweet them and they see it. So saying “oh don’t bother them” is dismissive, especially because it can absolutely net positive results.
The majority of the faces are the same ones from Madden 06. So it's been 14 years.

After a few years in franchise the league is full of generic players. There's no backstory and we don't know who they played for. And having a bunch of look-a-likes doesn't help either to tell anyone apart. Having access to more faces and CAP parts would give players at least some individuality.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2019, 12:11 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The majority of the faces are the same ones from Madden 06. So it's been 14 years.

After a few years in franchise the league is full of generic players. There's no backstory and we don't know who they played for. And having a bunch of look-a-likes doesn't help either to tell anyone apart. Having access to more faces and CAP parts would give players at least some individuality.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
I didn’t put much thought into my estimate of the same faces, but goddamn, 14 years of the same limited choices is unacceptable.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
I didn’t put much thought into my estimate of the same faces, but goddamn, 14 years of the same limited choices is unacceptable.
I know right?! Believe most of franchise player only request are pretty reasonable. There is especially more frustration on this because the editor was already made in other modes but not not planned in franchise despite there being a big need for customization and immersion. It highlights how franchise is an afterthought for EA and gets whatever scraps (left over developer hours). This year is a new low for the investment EA makes towards franchise as it is near identical to M19 which was pretty sub-par also.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #71
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
It’s pretty astounding that in 14 years they couldn’t add more faces. Even if they did 10 new ones a year we would have so much more variety. Especially when you consider how some generic faces are just tweeks of others...

If you’ve never read this deadspin article it talks about the lack of variety and the reusing of faces

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspi...1831632862/amp

It talks about how one face scan of a random dude is used 33 times with different tweeks. A goatee here a fade vs an Afro etc.... but as Ea would tell you I’m sure, they just don’t have the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #72
Rookie

This guy has the same feedback as most. Says franchise mode is the same as 19 but for a few minor scenarios and the coach on the menu is "wearing a new hat". If your a franchise only player and on the fence may want to watch. Crazy when franchise mode is the most player mode for the game..

Madden NFL 20 is NOT GOOD - Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTf...ature=youtu.be

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »