Home

I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@

This is a discussion on I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@ within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@

So yep, as the "Negative Nancy's" feared, EA Tiburon made an excellent new player facial editor THAT YOU CAN'T USE unless you're doing Face of the Franchise. Nope, can't use it in Franchise on drafts or the rest of the league. You're stuck with the lame old editor.

Which brings me to the point of this thread.

If you hate this, let them know. Get on twitter and spam them until they fix it. This actually really infuriates me, because it's symptomatic of a pattern, one that I had thought was changing: EA Tiburon's desire to limit how you play the game.

If you want this changed, begin tweeting them.

@ClintOldenburg
@Equipment_Guru
@EA_White
@EAMaddenNFL

Suggested tweet, since people seem to think that I want you to be disrespectful:

"Dear esteemed Madden developers, it has come to our attention that the wonderful player facial editor asset you made is only available to use in Face of the Franchise. As paying consumers, we find this unacceptable. Please extend it to all modes, including Franchise. Thank you."
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 07-24-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: removing TOS violation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@

I can’t understand why they won’t allow this. It is a slap in the face. They dangle the friggin carrot right under our noses but won’t indulge us and include it in franchise. Is it a dumb decision or a willful effort to limit our experience with franchise? Respectfully Tweet the hell out of all four handles posted above.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
MVP

Re: I was so excited about the new player editor, but YOU CAN'T USE IT in Franchise!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
I can’t understand why they won’t allow this. It is a slap in the face. They dangle the friggin carrot right under our noses but won’t indulge us and include it in franchise. Is it a dumb decision or a willful effort to limit our experience with franchise? Respectfully Tweet the hell out of all four handles posted above.
I've already sent about ten since I made this thread and will send as many as possible daily until it's fixed. It's ABSURD.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Ok so wait..... if I create a player from scratch to use in franchise I can’t edit the face, hair and everything?
Old 07-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
Rookie

slikkster's Arena

Can you edit the faces in any other mode than franchise? I assume it has something to do with the nfl/nflpa not wanting you to make real players look ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikkster
Can you edit the faces in any other mode than franchise? I assume it has something to do with the nfl/nflpa not wanting you to make real players look ridiculous.

No. No, you cannot. And legal issues with the NFL/NFLPA is absolutely NOT why, because you can ALREADY edit existing players in Madden 19, replacing their NFLPA image with any of the generic ones.

This is either an oversight or a ploy to make people play the mode.

Either way, please get on twitter and voice your displeasure. This needs to be fixed and it won't be unless they get a lot of traffic discussing it.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikkster

I don't think you can edit any real NFL players faces anyway. I think the issues here is that previous Maddens have had super limited and pretty bad faces to choose from when you create a player from scratch. Now they have added a new create a player mechanic (in face of the franchise mode only) with some pretty good tools to customize him to look however you want but this tool is only applicable to the character in Face of the Franchise. It cannot be used anywhere else....leaving created players in all other modes to use the faces left over from Madden 19. Is this the issue?
Old 07-24-2019, 02:59 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I don't think you can edit any real NFL players faces anyway. I think the issues here is that previous Maddens have had super limited and pretty bad faces to choose from when you create a player from scratch. Now they have added a new create a player mechanic (in face of the franchise mode only) with some pretty good tools to customize him to look however you want but this tool is only applicable to the character in Face of the Franchise. It cannot be used anywhere else....leaving created players in all other modes to use the faces left over from Madden 19. Is this the issue?
In Madden 19 you absolutely COULD edit real NFL player's faces. I have replaced countless real NFL players' faces with generic ones because they looked closer. Like Arik Armstead. They have him so utterly wrong, so I replaced him with the closest looking generic face. Did the same with CJ Beathard until they fixed it for '19, and I also did it for Nick Mullens.

So don't even start with "you can't edit real NFL players faces because teh NFLPA" crap. That's not why. That's not it. Not at all.

And yes, the problem is you can't use the editor outside of the FoTF mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »