Home

QB1 Face of the Franchise Story

This is a discussion on QB1 Face of the Franchise Story within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 09-04-2019, 02:02 AM   #289
Coach Mode-erer

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: QB1 Face of the Franchise Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydney
Now I understand your post. Not sure how I mis-read the first time.

Have you tried to use a non-QB? You can't make the team and get cut every time because the wizard developers base your performance in the preaseason off of your QB stats... which you have none of if you're not the QB. You can retire and restart as a QB, HB, TE, or WR, but they have made it impossible to play as a defensive player.

No, QB Is the only thing Iíve tried as Iím attempting to learn how to play again after So many years of coach mode. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2019, 02:38 AM   #290
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Just tried this for the first time. Went with Field General for Clemson and won both games, not crazy stats wise just defensive grindouts with a few passing TDs. Unfortunately missed 10 passes at the combine and fell to the Bengals in the 4th. Did pretty good hitting weekly goals in the preseason and was ahead of Dalton (auto-starter on). But I got the same threat of being cut after week 3 and couldn't hit the crazy 200 yd in 1 quarter goal in the last preseason game. This is despite Andy Dalton performing pretty poorly (one game he went 5/15 when I hit 60-70% comp for example) and Driskel being a low rated backup.

Was okay with getting cut because I figured it's different, then became really disappointed when I found out you never get any offers again. I expected it to turn into the boring single-player CFM type mode but when they show you unique things and just end it all of a sudden with nothing to look forward to.. wow. Who knew there were legit game overs in Madden.

I'm glad some of you guys went through the same thing (some even exact same team, round, being cut). I have to say Longshot was cheesy but at least there were different things to do, it was a coherent story, you were satisfied by the end, you really decided your situation by your performance etc. The disparity between a single player story and a single player experience is clearly there - Longshot was their first knock at the former and it was corny but worth trying; they haven't made an interesting weekly, diverse, life-like single player experience since.. Madden '06-era superstar mode? Remember when you could pick your parents and do the IQ quiz? There is so much more they could do but they just obviously don't care.

I love the Eagles, therefore I hate the Eagles
- Descartes

Last edited by philliesfan136; 09-06-2019 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLASFan
Unfortunately no unless you win more SBs or even retire and go hall of fame

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
That's disappointing. I noticed I got a text before the draft from my college WR, but he didn't show up in draft. And I haven't heard from the girl with cancer since I won my first game of Season 1. I like the idea, but the execution isn't there yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #292
BTG
Pro

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefangrey
That's disappointing. I noticed I got a text before the draft from my college WR, but he didn't show up in draft. And I haven't heard from the girl with cancer since I won my first game of Season 1.
Her father texts you later that season to tell you she lost her battle with cancer. It's a total bummer.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #293
Pro

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Currently halfway through my first season in the NFL.

I won the National Championship and was drafted 26th overall by the Dolphins.

We're currently 3-5 which isn't bad considering how awful the Dolphins are. Leading the rookie of the year hunt. On pace for 30+ TDs and 4,000+ yards as a rookie. Not too shabby. But definitely need help or we won't win anything.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 09-22-2019, 06:49 PM   #294
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played with LSU and lost in the semifinal. went 18-24 in the combine. Drafted in 7th round to bengals. 60 OVR to start. I had turned off instant starter. The game was saying i had won the starting job but Dalton was playing every game. Since I wasn't actually playing in the games, i wasn't getting stats. They cut me after 6 weeks because my stats were nothing. then i couldn't sign anywhere and it forced me to retire. I had worked up to 72 OVR and could start for the Colts or the Giants but it wouldn't let me do anything after i got cut. I wanted it to be realistic and not start me because I am playing the game but I guess this is not okay in the game. Did anyone else have issues like that?
Old 09-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #295
Rookie

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Her father texts you later that season to tell you she lost her battle with cancer. It's a total bummer.
Uh? I never saw that lol I only saw her text me once to tell me to have a good game or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 02:43 AM   #296
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktphil
I played with LSU and lost in the semifinal. went 18-24 in the combine. Drafted in 7th round to bengals. 60 OVR to start. I had turned off instant starter. The game was saying i had won the starting job but Dalton was playing every game. Since I wasn't actually playing in the games, i wasn't getting stats. They cut me after 6 weeks because my stats were nothing. then i couldn't sign anywhere and it forced me to retire. I had worked up to 72 OVR and could start for the Colts or the Giants but it wouldn't let me do anything after i got cut. I wanted it to be realistic and not start me because I am playing the game but I guess this is not okay in the game. Did anyone else have issues like that?
If you dont get selected 1st round pick you get cut only if you have instant starter off

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »