Home

Madden 20 Coach Mode Discussion

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Coach Mode Discussion within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 09:16 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 20 Coach Mode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
So it’s apparent that this game still does not have a true coach mode. How is the USER QB scrambling and option plays? Was there a way you can get around the controlling the defensive player?

I haven’t seen my QB scramble yet but I’m playing with Fitzmagic. I’m sure it’s like 19 where the scrambling is accidental. Lol

I don’t know if there’s a way around controlling a defensive player. I just leave my RE selected and he fires off at the snap of ball like he should. He may not do any special moves though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2019, 09:27 PM   #10
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

I do not have 20 yet..but a solely coach mode player..best way on Defense I have found..is leave the MLB “highlighted” and hold the “LB” button (Xbox), the CPU will then control the MLB..because if u use DL, that highlighted DL will not use any pass rush moves..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-25-2019, 09:46 PM   #11
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
So it’s apparent that this game still does not have a true coach mode. How is the USER QB scrambling and option plays? Was there a way you can get around the controlling the defensive player?
I've been having serious audio stuttering issues so I have not really sunk my teeth into the game yet. I'm going to try to test read option plays to see how they work in 20'. In 19' the qb kept the ball EVERYTIME on option plays and never gave the ball to the RB regardless of coverage so it's a big concern for me. The only way to get around not controlling defensive players (Or holding buttons on D) is to slow sim "jump to next play". The problem with that is you don't choose which defensive play is run (probably chooses one of the coach's suggestions though)
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 07-25-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I've been having serious audio stuttering issues so I have not really sunk my teeth into the game yet. I'm going to try to test read option plays to see how they work in 20'. In 19' the qb kept the ball EVERYTIME on option plays and never gave the ball to the RB regardless of coverage so it's a big concern for me. The only way to get around not controlling defensive players (Or holding buttons on D) is to slow sim "jump to next play". The problem with that is you don't choose which defensive play is run (probably chooses one of the coach's suggestions though)

That’s a great option but it seems to never fail, since that has been introduced to the game, that at some point I’ll lose the ability to exit the sim and get stuck in CPU vs CPU. So, I just deal with one of my DLinemen not using his special moves.

I have, in 19, done offense only games and left the Sim speed at normal so I don’t get trapped in the sim and can still follow what happens on the drive in real time.

SN: I HATE how the default sim speed is now FAST

Old 07-26-2019, 02:24 PM   #13
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

I believe last good year for coach mode was m16. I heard some improvements were made for m19. I would really like to see some games with 9min qrts on youtube to get a better feel for things than just someone posting a few minutes of divided up footage.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:56 AM   #14
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I want to try coach mode this year. I tried it in NBA 2k and I've been totally obsessed with it. one of the reasons I got Madden on PC this year is so I can watch my NBA 2k games on TV while playing Madden on the computer. any thing I need to know about madden coach mode before I get started? does 15 minute quarters and default all pro usually work well out of the box? what should I set the accelerated playclock too? thanks in advance.
I want to know what coach mode is all about too.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

You set it to whatever it takes to get that 120 total plays or so. Dependent on how fast you call plays and how much time you take at the line etc.

I’m loving it especially since they removed all the community picks etc.

I start by going into schemes and scrolling through to see which one is highest fit for my O and D. Those becomes my schemes for the CFM. For my temp MIA CFM they are Vertical Zone Run for O and 4-6 for D. Then I go through all of the teams to find one that runs the same schemes to change my playbook to the same as theirs. In M19 and now M20 that was DAL. For D it’s just because they have the 4-6 set since there’s no 4-6 playbook.

I use a concept based method for calling plays. I go into concepts and get the run, quick, medium, deep, RPO scheme with the most plays in each and ONLY call plays the fit those 5 schemes. For my vertical zone run MIA team that means on O I only run Inside Zone, Slant, Smash, Verticals and RPO Alert plays.

On D it’s Zone Blitz 3 Deep, Man Blitz and Cover 3 though when I return from this weekend trip I may expand that to 5 like my O.

I use suggestions on both O and D and call plays that fit those 8 schemes.

Very realistic outcomes. Just wish MIA wasn’t so bad. Lol

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-27-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #16
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

I may be in the minority with this, but is there an option to sim plays on one side of the ball but still watch them from broadcast cam?

I want to play the offensive side of the ball, but I’d like the CPU to control the defensive side of the ball. I wouldn’t mind calling the defensive play calls (could take it or leave it) but I do want to at least watch the defensive plays - which I’m not sure I can do in sim mode, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »