Home

Madden 20 Coach Mode Discussion

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Coach Mode Discussion within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2019, 11:00 AM   #17
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Coach Mode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
I may be in the minority with this, but is there an option to sim plays on one side of the ball but still watch them from broadcast cam?

I want to play the offensive side of the ball, but I’d like the CPU to control the defensive side of the ball. I wouldn’t mind calling the defensive play calls (could take it or leave it) but I do want to at least watch the defensive plays - which I’m not sure I can do in sim mode, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the More Options button once you go to the SuperSim menu. That’s how I play. Only play offense and it automatically supersims defense. I do wish it lets you still control kick & punt returners though.

So, is anyone else having longer than usual unskippable cut scenes that kinda drag out? I’m on PC, and only play offense. But there’s unskippable moments unlike last years Madden that go on a long time. Hope it gets fixed.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:02 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
I may be in the minority with this, but is there an option to sim plays on one side of the ball but still watch them from broadcast cam?

I want to play the offensive side of the ball, but I’d like the CPU to control the defensive side of the ball. I wouldn’t mind calling the defensive play calls (could take it or leave it) but I do want to at least watch the defensive plays - which I’m not sure I can do in sim mode, right?

Yes. Start the game as “Play Full Game” then before kickoff go into Supersim. Change the sim speed to slow then go to custom play options and select play all offense.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:05 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Madden 20 Coach Mode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
So, is anyone else having longer than usual unskippable cut scenes that kinda drag out? I’m on PC, and only play offense. But there’s unskippable moments unlike last years Madden that go on a long time. Hope it gets fixed.

I’m also on PC and I feel like the cut scenes and fluff are less than previous versions, which I like. I’d LOVE it if EA made it an option like NBA2k where you could turn off replays and post play cutscenes which kinda breaks a bit of the on-field coach mode immersion. I love playing my CPU vs CPU NY Knicks MyLeague w/ cut scenes etc turned OFF and sound profile set to “on court”

Old 07-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Yeah, the More Options button once you go to the SuperSim menu. That’s how I play. Only play offense and it automatically supersims defense. I do wish it lets you still control kick & punt returners though.

If you are in play now mode you will get the longer time between plays that you can't skip. In CFM or franchise mode it is normal and skippable.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #21
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

They need to work on qb a.i. for this game in coach mode. I'm seeing a bunch of terrible qb 20 yard dropbacks and terrible throws by top qbs..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 05:18 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

is it me (im on pc at the mo) but strategy pad (assuming turn off camera doodad) isnt working as it did last year?
Old 07-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Got my 1st W of the season and improved to 1-5. Lol

Madden NFL 20 7_29_2019 12_32_17 PM.jpg

Old 07-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 10

So is it worth purchasing or staying with 19?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »