Home

The pass rush really isn't that serious

This is a discussion on The pass rush really isn't that serious within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 12:21 PM   #33
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The pass rush really isn't that serious

The pass rush can be serious and casuals are going to be yelling OP, instead of using tools in game guaranteed.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Demarcus Lawrence just ate me alive. Sacked me on my first pass attempt and ever since then I’ve tried to be more aware in the pocket to get the ball out QUICK.

I find myself immediately scrambling to the left side of the field to avoid him and he still finds ways to knock me on my *** even if I don’t take a sack. These elite DE’s are absolutely no joke

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I played with the Dolphins just to see what it’s like with a weak line (outside of LT Tumsil, the rest are 60’s) and got pressure by Def players that where simply in a higher rating Tier/non-Superstar.

It’s no joke and I love these Tiers have a tangible application dealing with matchups.
Then when you throw in Superstar/X-Factor players to be considered, OL will be a priority during Draft/FA for the first time.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
The pass rush can be serious and casuals are going to be yelling OP, instead of using tools in game guaranteed.
Honestly, there’s probably more folk claiming to be “Sim” will be the ones voicing this due to not being able to use “previous habits” to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 12:40 PM   #36
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Honestly, there’s probably more folk claiming to be “Sim” will be the ones voicing this due to not being able to use “previous habits” to play.
You know it! Sometimes they're backwards - bless their hearts.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:58 PM   #37
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

The CPU pass rush seems fine to me; I generally get about 2-3 seconds to throw. The real issue is that receivers take too long to run their routes. Digs and in/out-n-up routes just take way too long to develop for them to actually be effective. Even simple comeback and curl routes take longer than necessary.

Unfortunately, the user pass rush still seems nonexistent. I've only played a couple games, but I can't seem to get any pressure with Garrett regardless of who's blocking me. Same goes for shedding blockers on a run.

Admittedly, I'm not amazing at the game by any means. I only play on Intermediate/Sim, and don't really know much in the way to pre-snap adjustments, so maybe as I spend more time with it it'll get better. But for now, the CPU has all day to throw and their receivers are getting open too often.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #38
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
From the interview I saw, they would limit the abilities in all Pro Bowls to keep things from being about of balance.
Honestly, it does not matter to me personally, as I will probably never play the Pro Bowl. I know some like it being back in the game, and that is great. But for me, I will never play it. In real life, that is a game I never watch. I would rather watch pre-season games than the Pro Bowl. lol
Fair enough, maybe that’s a sensible thing.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
The CPU pass rush seems fine to me; I generally get about 2-3 seconds to throw. The real issue is that receivers take too long to run their routes. Digs and in/out-n-up routes just take way too long to develop for them to actually be effective. Even simple comeback and curl routes take longer than necessary.

Unfortunately, the user pass rush still seems nonexistent. I've only played a couple games, but I can't seem to get any pressure with Garrett regardless of who's blocking me. Same goes for shedding blockers on a run.

Admittedly, I'm not amazing at the game by any means. I only play on Intermediate/Sim, and don't really know much in the way to pre-snap adjustments, so maybe as I spend more time with it it'll get better. But for now, the CPU has all day to throw and their receivers are getting open too often.
I know what you mean but with practice I'm getting a little better at getting free from my guy with Demarcus Lawrence. Last game I just now played I only got one sack but I got 2 or 3 really good pressures.

I really think it's just going to require some practice for some of us.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #40
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

The pass rush does not feel the same as it did the first day of the beta...for the user. I will elaborate.

During the first day of the beta the pass rush was very good for both user and cpu..both teams would get between 6-8 sacks a game.

It was definitely on the high side but it was because of 2 things.

1. Users needed to adjust.

2. Cpu qb play needed work. They didn't scramble or make adjustments or even move in the pocket.

Come ea access. Using the same team as i did in the beta (lions) i went into practice mode an stood in pocket vs a cover 2 man defense. Without any blitzing the cpu consistently got to me in roughly 3 seconds. I was pleased.

For the user however ....it takes 5 or more seconds with the same alignment.

If you want pressure any faster, you have to blitz..and even then no guarantees.

But last night on a 4 man rush...cpu qb had ALLL day to throw and find open guys.

The user pass rush had definitely been nerfed.

Im extremely pleased with the cpu pass rush.

This is also based off all pro. No slider adjustments

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »