Home

Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much.

This is a discussion on Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2019, 01:32 AM   #33
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

I still see the same issues in coverage that have plagued the game for years. This’ll be my first year not buying. Sadly. I’m just so tired of seeing DB’s be completely incapable of understanding zone coverage. Getting torched by simple routes. Meh. I know it’s a passing league these days but I want to see more of guys winning physical matchups where they’re bumping all the way down the field. 50/50 balls without warping or locked animations. Safeties who know how to cover a zone. Linebackers who can actually do anything against tight ends other than Keuchly and Wagner. It just feels so similar to me. Lots of improvements in the line interactions. The offensive lines look better. They don’t stand around aimlessly when they have no one in front of them, now they’ll double or chip guys. The running game feels a lot better. But the legacy coverage issues just kill it for me. I can’t do it anymore.

Oh also I’m still seeing a lot of awful QB AI. Standing still for long periods of time, dropping back like 15 yards if they feel any pressure at all, rarely throwing the ball away, stepping up in the pocket with a running lane only to get stuck in that awkward stutter step where they can’t decide whether to run or pass.

Minor issues, kicking feels even easier than ever before, hurricane force winds still exist at 6MPH, AI checks it down too often, terrible playcalling, terrible clock management, a lot of other things but I’m done ranting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will say that if you guys think this is the best Madden ever, that’s more of a sad statement of the quality of this franchise than anything. I’m truly sad that this is the first time in 20+ years I’ll be skipping Madden. Seems weird. I’m just tired of the disappointment.

Quick aside: Shoutout to EA for the EA Access trials. Don’t have to worry about waiting for reviews, or whether or not to pre-order. I can just be disappointed in 10 hours well before the game comes out and save myself $55.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 07-26-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:42 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I still see the same issues in coverage that have plagued the game for years. This’ll be my first year not buying. Sadly. I’m just so tired of seeing DB’s be completely incapable of understanding zone coverage. Getting torched by simple routes. Meh. I know it’s a passing league these days but I want to see more of guys winning physical matchups where they’re bumping all the way down the field. 50/50 balls without warping or locked animations. Safeties who know how to cover a zone. Linebackers who can actually do anything against tight ends other than Keuchly and Wagner. It just feels so similar to me. Lots of improvements in the line interactions. The offensive lines look better. They don’t stand around aimlessly when they have no one in front of them, now they’ll double or chip guys. The running game feels a lot better. But the legacy coverage issues just kill it for me. I can’t do it anymore.

Oh also I’m still seeing a lot of awful QB AI. Standing still for long periods of time, dropping back like 15 yards if they feel any pressure at all, rarely throwing the ball away, stepping up in the pocket with a running lane only to get stuck in that awkward stutter step where they can’t decide whether to run or pass.

Minor issues, kicking feels even easier than ever before, hurricane force winds still exist at 6MPH, AI checks it down too often, terrible playcalling, terrible clock management, a lot of other things but I’m done ranting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will say that if you guys think this is the best Madden ever, that’s more of a sad statement of the quality of this franchise than anything. I’m truly sad that this is the first time in 20+ years I’ll be skipping Madden. Seems weird. I’m just tired of the disappointment.

Quick aside: Shoutout to EA for the EA Access trials. Don’t have to worry about waiting for reviews, or whether or not to pre-order. I can just be disappointed in 10 hours well before the game comes out and save myself $55.
It is very disappointing to hear that they haven't fixed the punting into/with the wind issue after hearing they had.

Nice touch shouting out to EA for giving you the chance to play and decide for yourself. Ultimately if a game or product is right for an individual it is up to that individual to make that call, glad to see someone acknowledge a company for giving you that chance to decide before purchasing.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #35
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much.

Quote:

QB AI: Doesn't really happen as much on All Madden, based on my games. In fact the QB AI is sooooo much better on All Madden.

Coverage: Adjusting a few sliders greatly mitigates this, but you still need to play a safety to help. This definitely needs adjustment, but sliders and user help.

These issues are not nearly enough to diminish the quality of the game, and before you say it I've been steadily critical of the product. I was very much impressed with the game play. People should do one of the free trials instead of trusting the game play of the jackanapeses from Game Changers. Those guys are tools and aren't even NFL fans. They're the type who will wear an NFL player's jersey and not even know how many Pro Bowls he's been to.

For everyone undecided, get the game in your hands with the free trial. Adjust the sliders, THEN judge it. Also stop playing on All Pro.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 08:07 PM   #36
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
QB AI: Doesn't really happen as much on All Madden, based on my games. In fact the QB AI is sooooo much better on All Madden.

Coverage: Adjusting a few sliders greatly mitigates this, but you still need to play a safety to help. This definitely needs adjustment, but sliders and user help.

These issues are not nearly enough to diminish the quality of the game, and before you say it I've been steadily critical of the product. I was very much impressed with the game play. People should do one of the free trials instead of trusting the game play of the jackanapeses from Game Changers. Those guys are tools and aren't even NFL fans. They're the type who will wear an NFL player's jersey and not even know how many Pro Bowls he's been to.

For everyone undecided, get the game in your hands with the free trial. Adjust the sliders, THEN judge it. Also stop playing on All Pro.

I did play the game. I played my 10 hour trial. I didn’t want to delve into slider hell during a trial. I wanted to see how the game played out of the box. It disappointed me, because I have seen these issues for years. I don’t typically enjoy All Madden much, because the CPU doesn’t get better at play calling, they just get artificial boosts and seem to know what plays I’m calling. Instead I typically elect for All Pro with slider changes that make it a challenge. It feels less gamey to me. But every year I want to see how it is default. Because I hate that I have to delve into sliders. Have to wait for guys to do extensive research and copy their sets. And I want the game types to mean something. They said when they announced the ‘simulation’ and ‘competitive’ etc types that they could patch stuff separately for them, but it certainly hasn’t felt like it. Whenever the competitive crowd complains about something, the offline players get affected. This has bothered me since it’s implementation.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 07-26-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:30 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
I did play the game. I played my 10 hour trial. I didn’t want to delve into slider hell during a trial. I wanted to see how the game played out of the box. It disappointed me, because I have seen these issues for years. I don’t typically enjoy All Madden much, because the CPU doesn’t get better at play calling, they just get artificial boosts and seem to know what plays I’m calling. Instead I typically elect for All Pro with slider changes that make it a challenge. It feels less gamey to me. But every year I want to see how it is default. Because I hate that I have to delve into sliders. Have to wait for guys to do extensive research and copy their sets. And I want the game types to mean something. They said when they announced the ‘simulation’ and ‘competitive’ etc types that they could patch stuff separately for them, but it certainly hasn’t felt like it. Whenever the competitive crowd complains about something, the offline players get affected. This has bothered me since it’s implementation.
I literally spent twenty seconds asjusting sliders. It helped. And for my money, the CPU play calling IS better, and I definitely did NOT see the QB standing there not doing anything and then getting sacked, which makes me skeptical of either your objectivity or that you actually played it.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:39 PM   #38
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I literally spent twenty seconds asjusting sliders. It helped. And for my money, the CPU play calling IS better, and I definitely did NOT see the QB standing there not doing anything and then getting sacked, which makes me skeptical of either your objectivity or that you actually played it.

It wasn’t every QB. Just a lot of them. I’d see scramblers run, usually. But you’d have some guys get stuck doing that stutter thing they do when they near crossing the line of scrimmage. They hesitate to take off, waiting for a pass, and it usually results in them being hit or sacked. In particular I saw it with Aaron Rodgers, Mitch Trubiskey, and Cam Newton. The guys I saw drop back 10 yards and get sacked were Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, Eli Manning, and Phillip Rivers. I don’t want them to scramble and run. They’re all essentially pocket passers. I just want them to not drop back so far, and not always hold onto the ball. The only time I really see them throw it away is when they feel immediate pressure off the snap and throw it almost immediately. Which is another thing I saw a lot of last year. It’s strange that the QB scrambling is still so awkward for the AI, because the changes they made to running work very well for the AI RB’s. They don’t zig zag and ruin their momentum anymore. They use cuts and jukes more strategically. But QB’s, even the scramblers, still seem to mess it up 2 outta every 3 runs. Also, I swear no one at EA has ever seen a QB run. They still do that weird running animation where they look like they really need to take a dump. I sincerely hoped that would be fixed, because it’s pretty jarring. I can’t recall ever seeing a QB run as awkwardly as that. Not even ol’ cement feet Tom Brady.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #39
Pro

I feel your pain bruv. Having said that, Madden 20 is hands down the best Madden on the current gen, and it's not even close. The fun factor on the field is there. It just has so many glaring flaws that make you wanna ball up in a corner and cry. Other than that, I think the game is a good purchase for $35 or under. Keep in mind, I will be playing on PC, so mods and such do influence the value the game has to me. On console, I'd say the game is worth about $30, and that's if you only play offline. As someone who would play all modes, it's worth about $42.65.

All in all, I enjoyed the game enough to actually purchase it after not purchasing any Madden since 17. The game was just fun. And since I only use mobile QB's and love playing user defense, this year's gameplay was tailored for me.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:09 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
It wasn’t every QB. Just a lot of them. I’d see scramblers run, usually. But you’d have some guys get stuck doing that stutter thing they do when they near crossing the line of scrimmage. They hesitate to take off, waiting for a pass, and it usually results in them being hit or sacked. In particular I saw it with Aaron Rodgers, Mitch Trubiskey, and Cam Newton. The guys I saw drop back 10 yards and get sacked were Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, Eli Manning, and Phillip Rivers. I don’t want them to scramble and run. They’re all essentially pocket passers. I just want them to not drop back so far, and not always hold onto the ball. The only time I really see them throw it away is when they feel immediate pressure off the snap and throw it almost immediately. Which is another thing I saw a lot of last year. It’s strange that the QB scrambling is still so awkward for the AI, because the changes they made to running work very well for the AI RB’s. They don’t zig zag and ruin their momentum anymore. They use cuts and jukes more strategically. But QB’s, even the scramblers, still seem to mess it up 2 outta every 3 runs. Also, I swear no one at EA has ever seen a QB run. They still do that weird running animation where they look like they really need to take a dump. I sincerely hoped that would be fixed, because it’s pretty jarring. I can’t recall ever seeing a QB run as awkwardly as that. Not even ol’ cement feet Tom Brady.
What difficulty do you play on? I've seen pocket QBs tend to throw a check down over taking a sack in my short time with the game. I'll still get them sometimes, but it isn't because they are statues, it's because my pass rush is good. I play on All Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »