Home

Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much.

This is a discussion on Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 03:25 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much.

I know I will be criticized for this because I have no hands on experience. But after watching nearly every video of played games including Pro Bowl on U tube. I am not impressed. I have seen several glitches, fumbles that weren't fumbles and just laid there, Announcers calling fumbles that no one picks up. Kickoffs going out of bounds by CPU. Have not seen one single punt or kick return for more than 25 yds. To many sacks. yet some of the game looked great.

Just once, I would like to see a game played by CPU vs CPU. That is where you will get a true vision of the game. In game after game played by human, all I see is pass after pass, There is no running game. In the Pro Bowl game, there was negative rush yardage and a whole 40+ by the AFC. There is no running game, Longest run is seen has been 8 yds, To many times RB are caught behind LOS or only getting a yard or two. QB\s are out running RB. Also way way to many big hits and fumbles caused. In one game, Cleve vs Pitts. A Brown LB froze in his tracks as the ball floated over his head, he made no effort to knock it down then turned and made the tackle.

I realize that I am a minority. I'd like to see a video of how the game plays CPU vs CPU, or PTM, just calling plays and letting the CPU play without thumb jocks making moves and changing outcomes. I know the game is made for that, But believe it or not, There are hundreds of players like me that strictly play Coach mode, PTM, or just CPU vs CPU. I am 68 years old, My hands don't work well but been playing FB video games since Mattel. and before that Football board games. I wish someone would represent players like myself. Just because I can't use my hands well because of Uncle Auther, I still love FB and still love to coach, build a team. make a trade, pick a game plan and watch it all play out before my eyes. Someone PLEASE post a video of a CPU vs CPU game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 04:29 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I know I will be criticized for this because I have no hands on experience. But after watching nearly every video of played games including Pro Bowl on U tube. I am not impressed. I have seen several glitches, fumbles that weren't fumbles and just laid there, Announcers calling fumbles that no one picks up. Kickoffs going out of bounds by CPU. Have not seen one single punt or kick return for more than 25 yds. To many sacks. yet some of the game looked great.

Just once, I would like to see a game played by CPU vs CPU. That is where you will get a true vision of the game. In game after game played by human, all I see is pass after pass, There is no running game. In the Pro Bowl game, there was negative rush yardage and a whole 40+ by the AFC. There is no running game, Longest run is seen has been 8 yds, To many times RB are caught behind LOS or only getting a yard or two. QB\s are out running RB. Also way way to many big hits and fumbles caused. In one game, Cleve vs Pitts. A Brown LB froze in his tracks as the ball floated over his head, he made no effort to knock it down then turned and made the tackle.

I realize that I am a minority. I'd like to see a video of how the game plays CPU vs CPU, or PTM, just calling plays and letting the CPU play without thumb jocks making moves and changing outcomes. I know the game is made for that, But believe it or not, There are hundreds of players like me that strictly play Coach mode, PTM, or just CPU vs CPU. I am 68 years old, My hands don't work well but been playing FB video games since Mattel. and before that Football board games. I wish someone would represent players like myself. Just because I can't use my hands well because of Uncle Auther, I still love FB and still love to coach, build a team. make a trade, pick a game plan and watch it all play out before my eyes. Someone PLEASE post a video of a CPU vs CPU game.
why the hell you want watch cpu vs cpu gameplay instead play against cpu for more fun ? it is boring to watch cpu vs cpu gameplay
Old 07-25-2019, 04:36 AM   #3
Banned

Re: Was really excited about M20, But after watching U tube videos. Not so much.

If you have skills you can run but there's a TON of other things wrong with this game... I just quit playing, 7 fumbles in one game. Its the same every year.

Don't let me get started on online H2H I didn't think it could get worst than last year but low and behold we have M20. Absolutely nothing works in H2H
Old 07-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Only played the first FoTF college game, but I torched them with the running game including one 60+ yard running score. Returns averaging 25-30 yards I would say. No fumbles in the game.

I'm not that good at the game, so I don't know who you've been watching.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:44 AM   #5
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

I definitely want to see a game in it's entirety both human vs cpu and CPU vs cpu. 9 minute quarters to get a solid feel of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #6
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

I definitely want to see a game in it's entirety both human vs cpu and CPU vs cpu. 9 minute quarters to get a solid feel of things.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:08 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You need to play it yourself and quit watching videos. And as for bugs, yeah it may have some but nothing is game breaking (fumbles are happening mostly because people are using special moves and bit covering the ball)

I played the game all day yesterday and it's, by far, the best Madden ever.

Again, play it yourself and quit watching videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #8
Pro

Ok. I'm going to address negative rushing yards.

I mentioned before that I spend the first couple of days hoping that last year's issues were resolved. One thing I have learned from last year is that the game plays differently on "play now" than it does in franchise, which is all I care about.

Last year, I was frustrated because even on rookie level, if you try to run the ball, the backside DE or LB just closes in and drops you and there's nothing you can really do about it. I saw the same thing last night... so far, all I've been able to play was the pro bowl because it takes forever to install.

I'm to the point where I know not to even test the game in 'play now' and if you want a true representation, you have to use franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »