Home

Cleverley1986 FotF Story

This is a discussion on Cleverley1986 FotF Story within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 03:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cleverley1986 FotF Story

College - Oregon
Archetype - Improviser
College ending - Won National Championship (4 TD)
Draft Combine - 21/24
Draft Results - 1st round to Broncos.

Rookie Pre Season - Week 1

Reporter: Cleverley, it's day one of training camp. How are you feeling?

Cleverley: I feel great, just walking around the camp made me realise the enormity of the place I am in. There have been some hall of fame QB's that have played here and I hope to make the grade. I've been welcomed by everyone and it's a great opportunity.

Reporter: You're up against quarterbacks Drew Lock who was taken almost immediately after you in the second round and Joe Flacco. What does that competition look like to you?

Cleverley: It's really interesting. Drew and I have spent time together at different camps coming up and he's fearless. He's a really talented guy. Then there's Joe who is a league vet with a load of experience. I believe though that sometimes you may not be the most talented guy in the group but I know I can be the most competitive.

Reporter: Vic Fangio has been saying that right now there's no immediate starter between the three of you and the job is there for the taking. Would you rather start week 1 or play more snaps?

Cleverley: Can I say both? It would be a dream come true to walk out as starter but that's only going to happen if I earned it. Sometimes in the pre season going 2nd means you get more snaps obviously but my goal here is to start games with the first string, do a good job and win games.

Reporter: We saw a lot of improvisation at Oregon and the coach gave you the free reign to call audibles. How much of a change is that coming to the NFL?

Cleverley: It's a big step up and that's no disrespect to Oregon. The playbook at Oregon was something I had read over and over for four years and so a new playbook that I have had a week with just means adjusting to the differences and building a good rapport with the offense. Ultimately what the coach wants is what's going to happen.

Reporter: Last question, the New York Giants seemed destined to take you at #6 but passed on you. It's no secret you grew up a huge Giants fan. Was there disappointment that you ended up in Denver instead of the team you grew up following?

Cleverley: I can certainly say there's no disappointment being here in Denver. The Giants picked who they wanted and I wish them and Daniel well. My job is here and to help make Denver better. I can't do that wondering why other teams passed up on me but I can make teams regret it by playing well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »