Home

Madden 20 Review (SoftDrinkSports)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Review (SoftDrinkSports) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Review (SoftDrinkSports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I watched the video. Pining for yesteryear when it comes to football videogames is a waste of breath at this point. It's all been said over the last 15 years, many, many times. I don't need to hear it every year around release time. We know franchise mode leaves a lot to be desired, we know the series isn't innovative and is barebones. That's just the way it is--for reasons we all know and we don't need to rehash yet again--and will be for the foreseeable future until EA decides to build a new engine from scratch. We all wish we had another NFL option; 2K or otherwise. It's not happening.

The guy who did the video didn't buy the game (good for him, seriously) but he shouldn't bother putting the energy into a review either. If it's that serious, don't pay any attention to Madden. Don't buy it, don't read about it, don't put together a 20-minute review video.

People know what they're getting with Madden. Most of us love NFL video games enough that we're shelling out the $60 for a half-baked game and will complain our way through the fall. It's been that way for years; it'll be that way for years to come.
So you should only leave a review if you enjoy the product? That's literally the opposite of how reviewing works. Most reviews are gonna be negative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #66
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
So you should only leave a review if you enjoy the product? That's literally the opposite of how reviewing works. Most reviews are gonna be negative.

I don’t think that’s why he meant. But apparently the guy doesn’t even have the game so it’s tough to post a balanced review. Not to mention the fact the guy clearly had an axe to grind with EA.

I have the game and have played a handful of games I still haven’t played enough to form a solid opinion. Some things I like and some I don’t. Not totally sure whether the game will hold my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Madden 20 Review (SoftDrinkSports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Does this really have to become some “Us vs Them” issue. All this “agenda” and “propaganda” talk is so dramatic. Nothing was said in the video that most posters here haven’t said...no agenda or propaganda, we just want improvements. I’ve definitely heard FAR harsher reviews than this on Madden. I didn’t really hear him beg people not to buy it, he said he didn’t think it was worth $60, that’s his opinion.

The animations are polished but we still have lingering issues because of the engine. CFM goes years without being touched. And there’s concern with MUT taking up more dev time than needed. All concerns we’ve had and all were the focus of the video. Heck, I’d get it now if it just had scenarios for all teams. Gameplay isn’t too bad, but he’s not really over exaggerating on it’s problems. He may dislike it more than me but I see his point.

I’ve learned to enjoy the game a lot more with M19 again. Nothing he said really bothered me. It’s honestly boiling down to who’s liked the series the longest. If you’ve enjoyed it forever, you hate this video. If you’ve hated Madden, you love this video. If you’re like me, and Maddens has it’s ups and downs, the video simply makes a fair point lol. It’s really not that much of an attack to me.

Given the start of this review the intent of his video is clear. No one cares if the review was harsh or critical as long as it was unbiased. This was clearly not. He stated his agenda so to speak from the very first second.

I agree with you on CFM and it’s secondary importance next to MUT, but to be honest we’re seeing the same thing with 2k and MLB The Show. Unfortunately that’s the direction the genre is headed. That’s not an excuse it’s just the way the sports game world is now.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #68
Rookie

Re: Madden 20 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
There's a big difference between making a propaganda video, such as this garbage, that begs people to not buy the game and make a fair review that is honest about pros and cons.
Boooooo!

How is this propaganda he said what he thought about the game it's an opinion piece. It wasn't created to sway your opinion. It's just so happens that a lot of us agree.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-26-2019, 02:02 PM   #69
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, I do not think your opinion is worthless. By virtue of maintaining membership on this site for an extended period of time, you have acquitted yourself as a reasonable person whose opinion worth considering.

An unreasonable person whose opinion I don't value would be someone who, in response to my writing any remotely positive opinion about Madden or my directly challenging his publicly-offered negative opinion about some component of Madden, does any of the following:

- directly insults my professional or personal intelligence
- writes aggressive messages about me on other websites and social media
- registers secondary user names on this forum pairing my name with homophobic sexual slurs
- seeks out my professional website contact form and abuses it to me long-winded unstable piles of harassing bile

Yes, all this has happened to me at one point or another in response to my writing positive opinions on this forum about Madden. I have personally endured so much unnecessary vitriol to this end, all of it directly originating specifically from the vocal "Madden sucks! NFL 2K is the best! End exclusivity!" subsection of the sports gaming community. I need not your sympathy, I'm a big boy and I can handle it. Rather, I ask you to please understand: I have no interest in or patience for this type of person, behavior, or dialogue. I am tired.

I perceive this person to be yet another member of that toxic segment of the community based on their click-bait video titles which cover the same tired ground that crowd has been treading on for fifteen long and increasingly stupid years. Everyone else in the world who's opinion I value moved on a long time ago. I do not wish to offer this person's views any attention because I do not believe he seeks an audience for those views in good faith. At best, engaging with this person will offer me no new or interesting opinion which will aid my enjoyment of Madden 20, a video game I play for leisure. At worst, if and when I engage with and inevitably disagree with this person, this person - who appears to share the opinions and thought processes of so many who have harrassed me in the past - will actively seek me out and attempt to make my life miserable.

Absent all of that unfortunate experience which informs my personal opinion, let me just quote the title of his video for my final thought - I disagree that "Madden 20 is NOT GOOD!". I am actively enjoying Madden 20 very much so far, in fact. Why the hell would I watch his video on those grounds? Why should anyone who is enjoying Madden 20 - a consumer entertainment product - and wants to continue doing so watch a video with that title?

Its always good to hear both sides of an argument. I think a lot of people would disagree with u calling this guy a ‘toxic’ element of the community. Lol. I think maybe that’s the distinction that seems a little ‘off’ to me in your posts about this guy. He really does a no nonsense job of explaining stuff. He mentions the ea/nfl exclusivity by simply stating they got the exclusivity. He doesn’t call ea a money grabbing Corp or something. He isn’t disparaging the company. He’s simply pointing out items that are no longer in the game and whatnot.

When I’m curious as to how good or bad something is, I’m probably more likely to check out the negative reviews first to see what might be wrong with something. I can then agree or disagree with the video or poster or whatever.

But, it’s all good. We’re all entitled to our opinions, but when u mention something like ‘agendas,’ I have to say, in this case, u seem to have an agenda against this video by calling him ‘toxic’ or whatnot. This may disparage others from watching what is actually a fairly informative video.

And, just as an added FYI so u don’t think I have an agenda, lol, , I’m a huge 2k5 fan and I’m loving madden 20 right now and will be a day one purchaser (has to cancel the pre-order because of trial access issues, but will purchase once I finish my 10 hours), and I can’t talk enough about the positives of this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #70
MVP

briz1046's Arena

I'd call this a pretty fair review , as has been stated nothing said during it is anything that hasn't been said before here and elsewhere many times before .

Improvements were noted , commented on and praised for what they are , and lack of improvements likewise
Take away the melodramatic intro/ outro stuff and it's not remarkably different from my own sentiments to be honest .
To those suggesting he has an agenda , I'd say how much of what was actually said to you disagree with ? Or is it more his tone you disapprove of ?
Old 07-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #71
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Given the start of this review the intent of his video is clear. No one cares if the review was harsh or critical as long as it was unbiased. This was clearly not. He stated his agenda so to speak from the very first second.

I agree with you on CFM and it’s secondary importance next to MUT, but to be honest we’re seeing the same thing with 2k and MLB The Show. Unfortunately that’s the direction the genre is headed. That’s not an excuse it’s just the way the sports game world is now.

Personally, the skit was just a bit of satire to me. The joke was on IGN as much as Madden for me.

But the main difference with MLB or NBA2k though is you could argue their career modes have peaked while Madden’s regressed from all the back to 2005. Far more wants & needs have been met, so now they are just trying to freshen up what they have.

There’s SO MUCH you can do in their career modes, unfortunately I can’t say the same for Madden.

Honestly, can anybody say 15 years isn’t long enough to be up to par with The Show or 2K as far as Career/Franchise mode goes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 02:28 PM   #72
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
lol this is such a pile of garbage. This isn't a review. It's a statement against EA. Calling this a review is the equivalent of calling CNN or Foxnews "unbiased journalism" ... this is pathetic.
i thought it was pretty in-depth, I wish they spent a little more time talking about Franchise mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »