Home

M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 07-26-2019, 05:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

There is definitely an adjustment in the overall and how we look at it. I've gone through three generated classes and I'm really liking what I'm seeing. I think that the QB's are going to get inflated. My first draft I had a scrambler with A+ throwing power, A- SAC and A- Bsk. He came out with the 75 overall and a hidden dev and when he revealed he was star. I was happy until I realized that's the new quick.

I'm thinking that guy is going to be the new type of stud for Madden which is awesome.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #10
Rookie

So with the new ratings spread, am I correct in assuming if I draft a receiver who is a 69 overall, that's actually not that bad?

I drafted a guy in the 3rd round (may have been 4th) who was 69 overall and I was immediately disappointed because I felt like it was a wasted pick

Should I be looking at it as if I drafted a 73-74 receiver last year?
Old 07-26-2019, 05:58 PM   #11
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Absolute dream QB right there! That's going to be so much fun. You'll have to report back after his rookie season.
As requested sir. 4th in yards and TDs.

I couldn't draft him, but I'm the Chargers so I seen plenty of him. He did threaten to break the pocket in our games though. However, only a whooping 29 yards rushing for the season.......And Lamar Jackson had 60. -_-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madden NFL 20 Screenshot 2019.07.26 - 13.58.48.20.jpg (141.6 KB, 949 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 06:04 PM   #12
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
So with the new ratings spread, am I correct in assuming if I draft a receiver who is a 69 overall, that's actually not that bad?

I drafted a guy in the 3rd round (may have been 4th) who was 69 overall and I was immediately disappointed because I felt like it was a wasted pick

I'm about to do a second draft soon, so I should have an better answer.
But this year, I'm thinking what's more important is how they fit your play style. There's more opportunity for XP boost with the scenarios.

75-78 might be the elite draft picks this year.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:09 PM   #13
Rookie

Jacoby Brissett is always amazing in Madden when you sim the season or something!
Old 07-26-2019, 06:18 PM   #14
Just started!

Quote:
You're correct with that.
As a personal note, from what i saw in the few drafts i had yet, a good, average, bad ovr depends also on the position group. As far as i can recall, O/- D-Lineman and FS looked to have typically higher OVR ratings coming out of the draft. WR, TE, LB and QB especially seem to have lower OVR's coming out of the draft.

Quote:
As a result of the above mentioned, yes. You will gain a sense of which pick was good with the time you've drafted.
Referencing from my drafts, for the QB section low 70 OVRs seem to be the really high rated guys. They also seem to be really rare, not like in madden 19, where there were 2-3 stud qbs every year. Which is great, because it creates a need for multiple franchises and you dont see projected first round qbs with good skill grades falling to the 3rd - 4th round anymore.

Obviously my sample size is to low to make a definite statement on that, it is of course only my subjective opinion.

nate__dogg is already working on the experience sliders, where he is evaluating 10 years of simulations. According to the previous evaluations, the default slider seems to generate enough starter qbs from the draft classes. If you want to know more about it, i recommend you to check out his thread in the madden sliders sections. Its obviously WiP but you can already get a grasp on the subject.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Are you referring to the QB I posted? What's typical about his attributes lol?

Lamar Jackson must not be stud/freak either, because this guy has better throwing stats and 3rd in speed only behind Lamar Jackson and Kyle Murray haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
I believe he is responding to the guy calling this QB broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 06:39 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

You are correct. The spread has adjusted things. You have to weight the strength of the positions in the draft more so. In years past, I'd never really used a high pick on a receiver because you could normally find a mid 70's guy to develop in the middle rounds. My first draft, I drafted two wideouts (2nd and 4th rounds) they both came out as a 70 despite good attributes.

My latest draft I used the #1 on a receiver because there were a lot of tells and he's a 78 with a hidden dev. In the undrafted's I actually uncovered some players with 2nd round grades. I haven't drafted them yet because my trial ended right in the middle of the draft but I'm looking forward to next Friday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »