Home

M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 08-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #17
Rookie

rofalk22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Anyone find it weird that the scouted letter grades mean nothing now? I mean you scout a guy who is b+, b+, b ... and those attributes come out almost always as 77, 78, 74. Whatís the point of the letter grades if they are never accurate anymore? Seemed like a bug to me. This guy should have been c+, c+,c r or at best b-. The range is way too large for the letter grades especially when they Never meet that grade ever. Something is off with scouting this year. I get the ratings spread thing and agree with lower overalls, but at least have the scouted letter grades mean something. Right now they are meaningless.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofalk22
Anyone find it weird that the scouted letter grades mean nothing now? I mean you scout a guy who is b+, b+, b ... and those attributes come out almost always as 77, 78, 74. Whatís the point of the letter grades if they are never accurate anymore? Seemed like a bug to me. This guy should have been c+, c+,c r or at best b-. The range is way too large for the letter grades especially when they Never meet that grade ever. Something is off with scouting this year. I get the ratings spread thing and agree with lower overalls, but at least have the scouted letter grades mean something. Right now they are meaningless.
Aren't the letter grades relative to the draft class now? An A+ doesn't guarantee a numerical value anymore, only that he is the best or near the best at that skill in his class.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #19
Rookie

rofalk22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Aren't the letter grades relative to the draft class now? An A+ doesn't guarantee a numerical value anymore, only that he is the best or near the best at that skill in his class.
I have no idea, where/when did they outline that? I don't remember seeing that. I can understand if they increased the numeric range for a letter grade, but on avg if every attribute comes out roughly 10 points lower than the letter grade being represented then what's the point? I rarely if ever saw a B+ be a B+ or a C+ be C+. B+ was almost always high 70s and C+ high 60s.

This would only make sense if they were simulating busts. But if that's the case then everyone drafted in madden is a bust this year because no one's numeric values match their grades or exceed lol.

I really think it's a bug. There are probably supposed to be some players who do meet or exceed their scouted letter grades, but right now every B+ turns into a 77-78 and every B turns into a 74-75 for example.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:25 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
From everything I have read/heard, this is accurate. I think this is actually good for the franchise crowd because grades are now relative to the class quality.

This past draft was said to be DL deep so that could now be reflected in Madden by having slightly lower letter grades but still be top 100 prospects in the draft. QB in the draft would be the inverse, Murray with A's and Daniel Jones with high B's maybe? Point being that Jones would have higher letter grades than a 3rd round DL who actually has a higher overall. Hope that makes sense.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #21
Rookie

rofalk22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunDimer
From everything I have read/heard, this is accurate. I think this is actually good for the franchise crowd because grades are now relative to the class quality.

This past draft was said to be DL deep so that could now be reflected in Madden by having slightly lower letter grades but still be top 100 prospects in the draft. QB in the draft would be the inverse, Murray with A's and Daniel Jones with high B's maybe? Point being that Jones would have higher letter grades than a 3rd round DL who actually has a higher overall. Hope that makes sense.
Yeah maybe, but at this point every letter grade comes out 8-10 points lower than what itís representing. Itís never even or above or 5 points off, itís always 8-10 points off. Like my example B+ is always 77-78, and never 88 or 85 or 82.

So I do think there is a bug at work here, because even if what you are saying is what they were trying to do, at least some guys or groups in that draft would have varied ranges for the letter grade being represented right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofalk22
Yeah maybe, but at this point every letter grade comes out 8-10 points lower than what itís representing. Itís never even or above or 5 points off, itís always 8-10 points off. Like my example B+ is always 77-78, and never 88 or 85 or 82.

So I do think there is a bug at work here, because even if what you are saying is what they were trying to do, at least some guys or groups in that draft would have varied ranges for the letter grade being represented right?
That just sounds like they not only lowered rookie ratings, but adjusted the letter grades in combination with it. It doesn't seem like a bug. If rookies are coming in with lower overalls, it would make no sense for a B+ to still be an 88.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Has anyone noticed any true nose tackle builds in their classes? I thought this was fixed this year, but I keep seeing these 6'5 310lb DTs and no short and heavier players.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:37 PM   #24
Rookie

rofalk22's Arena

Quote:
That just sounds like they not only lowered rookie ratings, but adjusted the letter grades in combination with it. It doesn't seem like a bug. If rookies are coming in with lower overalls, it would make no sense for a B+ to still be an 88.
No, I get that, Iím thinking the letter grades themselves are bugged, not the attributes that come out. I think most of these B+s are supposed to be listed as B- and C+. Only the busts should be listed at B+ and come out 77 for example, you know what I mean?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »