Home

M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #33
Sexiest Woman Alive!
 
Peji911's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,091
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

New to the latest versions of Madden. I’m wondering if these rookies (stats, names, etc) transfer to everyone’s game or if everyone’s rookies are different.

In other words, if you draft a Mike Smith WR 88 overall, will that same player appear in my save as well?
__________________
PSN: Peji911
Peji911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:22 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame
 
canes21's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Blog Entries: 2
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
New to the latest versions of Madden. I’m wondering if these rookies (stats, names, etc) transfer to everyone’s game or if everyone’s rookies are different.

In other words, if you draft a Mike Smith WR 88 overall, will that same player appear in my save as well?
The way it works, or at least has worked for the last however many years now, is that the team handcrafts players at each position, but their numbers, names, schools, and some of their appearance can all be different each time. Their attributes and whatnot are not random, but most everything else. Many people thought everything was completely random, but that was not the case. I believe Madden 20 is no different. That WR you're seeing in your year 1 draft may be in my year 3 draft named Mike Michael's, but he'll have the same ratings.
__________________
My dry personality doesn't translate well through text.
canes21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #35
Rookie
 
mdurd2817's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Feb 2005
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks?
mdurd2817 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #36
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2016
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

I would like to see if anyone comes across a Randy Moss clone over 6’4 with 95+ speed etc,I think the archetype system prevents this type of player from existing,would be awesome though


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
faucette56 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #37
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by faucette56
I would like to see if anyone comes across a Randy Moss clone over 6’4 with 95+ speed etc,I think the archetype system prevents this type of player from existing,would be awesome though


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
In M17, I had a guy who made Megatron look like a scrub. 6'5, 235lb with 96 SPD and 95 ACC. I got everything up to 99. He was so insanely good, he was unstoppable on every play. I had to stop throwing to him to make the games semi-realistic.
ajra21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:07 AM   #38
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

After my first season with the Cards I drafted an OLB who was 73 OVR with the 27th pick...he ended up with x factor dev trait so I traded Chandler Jones to save $12mm in cap space and the new guy jumped up to 81 OVR after his first year. Also traded Patrick Peterson after he wouldn't sign his contract extension and got a CB from the Dolphins that they took with their first pick. He was 77 OVR out of the gate and after year 1 he was up to 84 with superstat Dev trait. The QB who was taken first overall in that draft was 74 OVR and ended up with x factor dev trait and jumped up to 84 after one year. He has like 4 abilities, it's ridiculous.

In two drafts now the best player I've seen out of the box was a LT with a 78 OVR, and he was picked in the 2nd round after I had traded up to get two first round picks and drafted a safety who was 69 OVR.
UnderRatedCoast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #39
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
That just sounds like they not only lowered rookie ratings, but adjusted the letter grades in combination with it. It doesn't seem like a bug. If rookies are coming in with lower overalls, it would make no sense for a B+ to still be an 88.
This is what I understood to have happened. Both were lowered.

Not a bug

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Zack317 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #40
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2017
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The way it works, or at least has worked for the last however many years now, is that the team handcrafts players at each position, but their numbers, names, schools, and some of their appearance can all be different each time. Their attributes and whatnot are not random, but most everything else. Many people thought everything was completely random, but that was not the case. I believe Madden 20 is no different. That WR you're seeing in your year 1 draft may be in my year 3 draft named Mike Michael's, but he'll have the same ratings.



Howdy canes21,
I havent bought a new madden for years (pc--fiddle with madden 08 off an on) and was looking to pick up madden 20 due to gameplay improvements.

Anyways, is this for offline franchise mode (or whatever its called nowadays)?

So, for the first draft .... i see: WR Bob Jones has 92 speed, 90 acceleration, 80 catch, etc

then, a few years later in offline franchise draft-- I find: WR Jacob Allen has 92 speed, 90 acceleration, 80 catch, etc ....
Jacob Allen will be a clone (attribute wise) of Bob Jones.... is that correct for offline franchise drafts?

One last question, do Bob Jones and Jacob Allen follow the same development chart?

Anyways, found your post interesting and was just seeking clarification.
Thanks.
bongo88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Top -