Home

M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 08-31-2019, 02:42 PM   #65
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: M20 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

I forgot to take a picture but I had a 80 overall strong safety with superstar development and a 76 mlb with x factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2019, 08:18 PM   #66
Pro

Heisman WR taken, surprisingly, at #6 overall. Should've went higher.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #67
Pro

My latest pick. 2nd round, pick 30

Old 09-01-2019, 11:01 PM   #68
To me, my X-men.

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317

Did this WR really have 99 MRR out the gate? That is incredible.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:06 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Did this WR really have 99 MRR out the gate? That is incredible.
Yeah this was right after the draft I went to Draft View. My jaw dropped when I seen that particular stat

Old 09-02-2019, 12:36 AM   #70
All Star

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
The problem with the "Studs" this year is they are often very lowly rated. There are no Quenton Nelson's, Saquon Barkley's, Derwin James', etc. that will start and play great. Sure, the USER can put them in and develop them but the CPU will not. Barkley was in the low 90s to start this season, that won't happen with CPU development.

Because their OVR is in the mid-low 70's they will sit behind a veteran that might be 77 OVR and never progress. I hate this new system. It's impossible for any of these rookies to become stars in their first season unless the USER controls them.

There needs to be some actual ready to start and play well studs in each draft and they need to be in the low 80s so the CPU will start them. It's highly unrealistic otherwise and ruins immersion when only the USER can develop stars and starters.
I agree. With the ratings spread, your "stud players" are coming in around 75-79 OVR. So if teammate is rated higher, they don't get many stats in simulation stats I had a QB teammate in a Player CFM that was in same situation. I'm in a defensive player CFM, we have this rookie that is a 74 OVR with hidden trait and same OVR as Nick Foles(year 3), but Foles got the start. As a defensive player lock, it didn't really affect me. But I had to raise the QB XP sliders up so the rookie would get higher OVR boost. It took a few games for him to be starter.
Madden needs to implement a new development for young players. If they ever implement coaching carousel to Madden(still surprised NHL got it before Madden), they can tie it to coach preferences. There can be a tendency trait for coaches to develop young players. Where even in simulation stats, rookies to third year players will get increased snaps. I do they if they add coach carousel(think they add in it next gen) and do it right, it can really make franchise mode great. I prefer to play offline. But they haven't do a good job at making CPU a true threat. I dislike seeing studs/freak players failing to live up to potential because they don't get enough snaps or CPU does a terrible job of development.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 1

Much preferring the draft classes this year. So much more realistic. Love guys having to be developed to get insight into them. I want this extended with various attribute not being seen until they've played a lot.

Would still prefer no OVR for any player ever, but that ain't happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruarifay
I would also like to share some of my other findings:

Scouting players is similar to last year in terms of grades but they scale with how Madden has adjusted ratings. An A in Tackling for instance, is probably in the low to mid 80's. I usually sort through all rookie stats to see if anyone is standing out and I have yet to come across a CB with over 80 in Man Coverage and I think I've seen 1 in Zone.

There is definitely a lot more variety in the draft classes now and to me they feel more like actual rookies. They rarely come in and dominate their first season simply because of their OVR and stats.

That being said, I've found about 2-3 guys each year projected as 5, 6, or even 7th rounders who, after being scouted, turned out to be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounders. (The highlight being a 7th round LB who scouted out as a 1st Rounder. It seems the CPU will draft these guys usually in the 3rd or so. He was a 69 OVR and I haven't found out his dev trait yet.)

So it's worth scouting EVERY player. (I haven't seen anything of merit for guys projected as undrafted, however)
yeah, I've found some good late players who should go in the first round. I took a third round C in the second who was the third best player in the draft. The next year, there was a RG who was the best player in the draft and he was slotted for the fifth round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
The problem with the "Studs" this year is they are often very lowly rated. There are no Quenton Nelson's, Saquon Barkley's, Derwin James', etc. that will start and play great. Sure, the USER can put them in and develop them but the CPU will not. Barkley was in the low 90s to start this season, that won't happen with CPU development.

Because their OVR is in the mid-low 70's they will sit behind a veteran that might be 77 OVR and never progress. I hate this new system. It's impossible for any of these rookies to become stars in their first season unless the USER controls them.

There needs to be some actual ready to start and play well studs in each draft and they need to be in the low 80s so the CPU will start them. It's highly unrealistic otherwise and ruins immersion when only the USER can develop stars and starters.
I love that there are fewer sure things. Lower ratings and less freakish guys are great. Really allows and forces you to think about what you want your team to be built on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
Question for the thread - For any of these players with the "hidden" dev trait, has anybody drafted a player with Superstar X-Factor trait right away?

I re-built the broncos with 5 drafts and I've drafted ~8 players with this hidden trait, but they only turn out to have the "star" trait. Which is fine, not complaining, after a couple of seasons 2 of my players have progressed and developed their star trait to higher ones.

Just curious if players can come out with the x-factor trait right after the draft (and if so how often), or if they can only have star/superstar and the x-factor has to be developed.
Yes, I took a C with superstar X factor.

I'd say, there is at least one per draft and sometimes two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #72
Rookie

dahlzy19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317

Um, this guy is an absolute monster. Good god.

Does he have an X-Factor right off the bat/after his 500 downs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »