Home

Fans Can Upgrade Madden NFL 21 on Xbox One to Xbox Series X or PS4 to PS5 Free, Until Madden NFL 22 Launches

This is a discussion on Fans Can Upgrade Madden NFL 21 on Xbox One to Xbox Series X or PS4 to PS5 Free, Until Madden NFL 22 Launches within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2020, 06:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fans Can Upgrade Madden NFL 21 on Xbox One to Xbox Series X or PS4 to PS5 Free, Until Madden NFL 22 Launches

When it was announced in early May, that Xbox One users could upgrade their Xbox One...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Extends Free Upgrade From Madden NFL 21 on Xbox One to Xbox Series X Until Mad

So do we still have to buy it December ?
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 06-06-2020, 03:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can we get NFL Head Coach 21 instead?
Old 06-07-2020, 11:11 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: EA Extends Free Upgrade From Madden NFL 21 on Xbox One to Xbox Series X Until Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
So do we still have to buy it December ?

If you purchase M21 for Xbox One in August, and then you buy an Xbox Series X in December (or whenever it launches), you get the free upgrade to the better version. The free upgrade will be a download of graphics & texture packs. Essentially the exact same set up as now, when you went from a 1S to a 1X. Microsoft wants gamers to use their current games across all models of the Xbox, and each unit will scale things accordingly.

PS5, however, is not a console update in the way the the series X is, as far as I know. The PS5 is a brand new generation, while the Xbox is like upgrading from an iphone 7 to the iphone 11, so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-08-2020, 02:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, I guess I will be waiting to purchase on the PS5. Not spending money twice for a game with a sub par franchise mode. All new generation adapters should be able to upgrade for free but, whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2020, 02:42 AM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
If you purchase M21 for Xbox One in August, and then you buy an Xbox Series X in December (or whenever it launches), you get the free upgrade to the better version. The free upgrade will be a download of graphics & texture packs. Essentially the exact same set up as now, when you went from a 1S to a 1X. Microsoft wants gamers to use their current games across all models of the Xbox, and each unit will scale things accordingly.

PS5, however, is not a console update in the way the the series X is, as far as I know. The PS5 is a brand new generation, while the Xbox is like upgrading from an iphone 7 to the iphone 11, so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
MS and Sony are doing the same basic thing, MS just has more support for cross-generation titles and libraries.

More on the topic of the OP, by the end of the NFL season a fan is more likely better served just getting EA Access and playing it from the vault anyways.

Last edited by mestevo; 06-08-2020 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo72
Well, I guess I will be waiting to purchase on the PS5. Not spending money twice for a game with a sub par franchise mode. All new generation adapters should be able to upgrade for free but, whatever.
Isn't that what this is?
Old 06-09-2020, 07:20 PM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Isn't that what this is?
I think the lack of clarity on the PS5 side is just causing confusion is all. That should be cleared up a little more later this week when Sony finally starts the marketing for their next console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »