Home

Madden 20: The Little Things

This is a discussion on Madden 20: The Little Things within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 09-01-2019, 08:28 AM   #89
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20: The Little Things

Imma be basic and say I've played every football game on console since the 90s. Game day, back breaker, Joe Montana, NFL Fever and some 2k game... Yes madden has had ups and down but for me this year's edition is prob the most structured when it comes to Gameplay. Some of my likes observations...

I've got a unnecessary roughness called when I lead my WR on a corner route out of bounds and the DB attempted a hit stick from the saftey position.

Nasty lineman are now nasty. Guard lead on a sweep run, sealed the corner by briefly putting a hand on the DE while engaged with the tackle and finishing his job by destroying a LB for a waffle block....I think the young kids call it.

WR will snatch the ball from a DB if the DB has better position by jumping from behind and grabbing it from defender. Kinda looks like the WR dunked the football.

QB sack animation where he gets hit but manages to keep his balance just blows my mind and sometimes it catches me off guard not realizing the play has not been called dead.

LB are strait ruthless on run plays when it comes up the middle. Luke and Vander just to name a couple are like heat sinking missiles. Luke seems to always tomahawk chop at the carrier when dialed in for the hit.

Play books, play books, playbooks! It's about time we got some good stuff to work with. Very strategic and real to what treams run.

I could go on and on but I see guys always talking about off ball injuries and they never see them. Was going against the Seahawks and I'm on defense with Cowboys. The play was a toss away from Byron Jones. He was hurt and the camera showed him on the field taking a knee. Then he was assisted off the field where he sat in the bench holding his head. So there you have it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2019, 01:14 AM   #90
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I encountered a rare Offensive PI call (by the CPU)!

Old 09-18-2019, 04:58 AM   #91
Pro

"Rocket Fuel" by DJ Shadow and De La Soul is a damn good song and one of my favorite Madden soundtrack choices in years.

I'm also fond of the tracks from Lil Skies and Oliver Tree
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
Football Championship: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

M18: dmmfranchise Roster For Xbox One

My Flickr Account (Mostly Sports Photography)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2019, 06:30 PM   #92
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I don’t know if this is something new but I had Tarik Cohen come back from injury last night and they showed my team’s stats with and without him in the lineup.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #93
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

It's pretty embarrassing this whole generation how bad the weather system has been. As you can see last night it's not pitch dark in California night games smh

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 10-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
It's pretty embarrassing this whole generation how bad the weather system has been. As you can see last night it's not pitch dark in California night games smh

We’re still on daylight savings time irl to be fair. Madden obviously doesn’t reflect this because reasons. But that there’s no sort of seasonal lighting change is pretty weak, yes. There’s hella difference between games in September vs games in December/January in terms of daylight and light angles.

The Show captures this very well; it’s phenomenal that there’s a contrast between each month of the season: progressive lighting (getting darker earlier or later depending on month) and lighting angles (September sun angles starkly different from April & May, etc.).

I think it’s just one of those thing where snarky “gameplay first” dudes crap all over the notion with quips like “who cares I wouldn’t even notice” whenever someone brings it up. But I’m with you 100%.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 16

I don't own this game yet, but was watching a friend play it. Have to say, I was really impressed with the presentation aspect of the game. The flybys, overhead views of the stadium, the cut scenes before and after a game. Really impressive. And maybe I'm impressed because I'm comparing it to NHL20.

Madden 20 destroys NHL 20 when it comes to presentation from what I've seen. If the game play is good, this might be a near future purchase for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 12:52 PM   #96
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I don’t know if this is something new but I had Tarik Cohen come back from injury last night and they showed my team’s stats with and without him in the lineup.

Came to post the same thing. Happened for me with Lamar Jackson. Super cool touch. They should promote this stuff more though instead of being hidded in a mid-game banner popup. It should be front and center in a Fifa-type news story before the game starts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4917.jpg (98.5 KB, 115 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »