Home

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2020, 12:13 PM   #1177
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

Episode 26 of the Ravens franchise is up! The Ravens take on the Chiefs and try to avoid a potential trap game after coming off a huge win last week versus the Texans.

https://youtu.be/otyA5gDrh1k

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-26-2020, 12:49 AM   #1178
Rookie

OVR: 4

2021 LLF Week 6
After back to back Super Bowl season year number 3 is not starting out so good lol

Old 05-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #1179
Rookie

2021 LLF Week 9

Last edited by hoosierbengal; 06-01-2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #1180
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Episode 27 of the Ravens franchise is up! This week they go on the road to face the Pittsburgh Steelers as the rivalry is renewed! The game was played on Matt10's All-Madden slider set so enjoy!
https://youtu.be/EgMVe9ttlSU

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #1181
Rookie

Tyro11's Arena

No dynasty to post on here as I have just rejoined (trying to regain thread posting allowances for my new NCAA dynasty lol).

But, I played an online franchise with several friends. We all played it trying to be realistic (trying not to run up stats and scores). The four of us each chose one of the lower level teams to start with. I began as the Dolphins while the other chose the Cardinals, Giants, and Bills.

We played on All-Madden with some tough sliders. It was my first time playing Madden in YEARS. I blitzed my roster with trades to load up with picks. I also signed Andrew Luck and Antonio Brown onto my team (but did not play them to maintain realism). Anyways, aside from Raekwon McMillian being a stud LB and winning DPOY and a Jameis Winston-type year from 62 overall free agent rookie QB Tyree Jackson, I went 4-12 and got fired lmao. I guess setting my season goal at 5 wins was too steep.

The other three didn't have great seasons either. However, the Bills made a run in the playoffs to the AFC title game. I believe the Chiefs won the Super Bowl (good job Madden).

Due to my release, Luck and Brown stayed on the Dolphins (I was planning to release them back onto free agency... those clever devils). They were also loaded on draft picks. But, I was offered the job for the Vikings. Definitely the best job on the market. I sent some dudes packing (sorry Kirk Cousins and Everson Griffith).

They had enough old pieces to trade and they were like 3-13 the first year so I was stacked with picks. We used a real-life draft class and I was able to select Tua, Chase Young, and Jeff Okudah. I had other really good draft picks too.

Basically, I swapped a 75 overall team (excluding the bump from Luck/Brown) for an 85 overall team once I was done putting together the pieces (I also traded for my man Raekwon McMillian). After playing with such a horrendous team in year one, I was dominating with the Vikings. Tua, Dalvin Cook, Thielen/Diggs, a rebuilt line, Danielle Hunter/Chase Young, Raekwon/Eric Kendricks, Okudah/Harrison Smith.

We killed it. 14-2. Both losses were games where it seemed everything went wrong. I had to bench Danielle Hunter half of the season or else he might have gotten 50 sacks (I don't play as him, his X-Factor was just so OP). I do play a McMillian and believe I got 10 interceptions with him for the second straight year. We ran through the playoffs and met my buddy, the Bills, in the Super Bowl. Definitely underestimated him and also had a lot of bad luck (fumbles, fumbles, fumbles). Josh Allen went wild and the Vikings lost. Tua, overall, had a very bad series of playoff games.

Year three (second with Vikings), everyone was back but just improved overall-wise. I also picked up Anthony McFarland in the draft (turned out to be a 78-overall Superstar). I believe the team overall got up to about 88-89. We started 15-0 and lost the season finale to the 3-13 BEARS LMAO. I was not trying to lose lol.

The Giants and Bills also had 15-1 seasons. It was a crash course. That was until the Giants, now led by Justin Herbert and Saquon Barkley, were upset by the 8-8 Seahawks in the Divisional Round. Wow. I was really bummed my buddy and I couldn't square off in the NFC Championship. I had to play the 8-8 Seahawks who I beat 30-3 in the regular season. I lost. I LOST. Their defensive line made my offensive line their step children. I lost 14-6 to the 8-8 Seahawks! Tua, once again, disappeared in the postseason. The Bills made it back to the Super Bowl and we were both bummed that we didn't get our SB rematch. He had to now play the measly Seahawks. And he lost. By 21. Insanity. I had never seen a CPU team (let alone an 82 overall team) run through three VERY good user teams in-a-row.

Year Four, aka 2022, the Vikings went completely off. We actually lost both user games early in the season. But the Minnesota defense was TOUGH. I couldn't stop the cheese train. Chase Young had 44.5 sacks and Danielle Hunter had 27.5 sacks. Yikes on the realism. McMillian had 14 interceptions for his fourth consecutive DPOY. We narrowly missed breaking the least amount of points allowed in a season (Record: 162 - Us: 168).

We made it to the Super Bowl and met yet again with the Bills. He had beaten my handedly in our regular season meeting. I had actually yet to beat him ever in this franchise (about 7 meetings counting the Dolphins) despite my team being a 93 overall (93 offense AND 93 defense). I had about 9 X-Factors and 10 Superstars. STACKED. It was a classic matchup. Literally, back-and-forth the entire game. Big play after big play. I took the lead the late and he almost drove 75 yards in 40 seconds with no timeouts to steal the win. His receiver dropped it. The Vikings finally got their ring. Tua redeemed himself. Had a perfect passer rating in the Super Bowl.

Year five, we were still vrooming but the salary cap was looming. This was definitely the last year the Vikings would be this loaded. I had already made some big changes (traded Harrison Smith for Jessie Bates / Adam Thielen for Terry McLaurin). But there was no saving this team from being decimated by free agency.

Long story short (yes, eight paragraphs in), we went 15-1 again. Tua had a stupid good year (4400 yards passing, 57 TDs, 7 INT, 81% completion). Dalvin finally hit over 1000 yards rushing (dude is the most injury prevalent player I've ever played with). I traded Diggs midseason (last ditch ever to make cap space) to the BILLS of all teams. Young, Hunter, and McMillian all had big stat years too. Our defense destroyed the points allowed record (Record: 162 - Us: 109 ~ 6.8 PAPG)

Ran through the playoffs and for the third time in four years, met the Bills in the Super Bowl. To my luck, I had lost Tua in the Divisional Round. My backup was D'Eriq King (a whole other saga I forgot to include. I had two really good backups: McKenzie Miltion, 80 overall, and Tyree Jackso, yep my free agent QB from year one,. He was fast, big arm, and got up to a 76 overall) I traded Milton to the Packers and Jackson to the Bears for King + some other role players. Basically, the NFC North was all my QB prodigies.

Anyways, King was my starter going into the Super Bowl. Did not think we would win but actually killed the ol' Bills 30-13. His offense was a shell of itself with Deandre Swift being injured (his star guy alongside Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs).

I bit the bullet and left the Vikings. There was no doing any better than that and half of my team would be gone anyway. I left for the Falcons- now the worst team in the NFL. We are bad (overall wise) but still in the playoff race at 7-3-1 (thanks Panthers for that tie). My quarterback is Jordan Love- he's having a great year after being a four-year backup for the Panthers. The top four leaders for OPOY in the NFC? Tua, Love, Milton, and Jackson. Pretty cool I thought. Also, I believe I have broken the game with Deion Jones at linebacker. The most picks I had ever gotten with McMillan was 14 in a season. In eleven games, Jones has (hold your breaht) 24 interceptions. I usually wouldn't accept such cheese but at this point, I cannot interfere with destiny.

The Vikings are down- probably won't make the playoffs (not good job Madden). Bills are down- he left for the Ravens. Both other users don't play at this point- they are CPU now. Outside of user teams, the Packers (led by Milton, the Saints (led by Trevor Lawrence), the Chiefs (led by Mahomes), and the Steelers (led by Joe Burrow) are the best teams in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2020, 11:56 PM   #1182
Rookie

2021 LLF Week 10

Old 06-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #1183
Rookie

2021 LLF Week 11, This one comes down to the wire 😀

Old 06-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #1184