Home

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 07-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #57
All Star

Darth Raider's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Damn you got through that first season pretty fast! Congrats on getting the Raiders to the playoffs.

For me, I'm rolling with the Seahawks. At first I was going to use default All-Madden, but I didn't enjoy the gameplay that much so I went down to All-Pro. First game against the Bengals was pretty fun and a solid experience. We raced out to a 14-3 lead, but once we lost Bobby Wagner to a bruised sternum our defense started to suffer. Dalton lit us up and was able to close the gap. However, we scored a late TD with Chris Carson (who scored 3 times) to give us the win 31-22.

Only one game in so far and everything plays pretty well with exception to the high completion % and a lack of pass rush on All-Pro. I'll keep playing some games on default All-Pro once my game unlocks on Friday.
I'm trying to get it in before the term starts!

I'm moving back up to AM for the sake of competitiveness. Raider Ren has an excellent set that I'm sure he'll post soon (and will share via PM).

Carson is a good back. He might be a breakout guy for you this year.

I wound up winning the DEN game to get to 11-5, then I played TEN in the Divisional round using the AM setup. I won 27-17 or something like that and now have the Browns in the Championship round.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #58
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon14 Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

My Raiders are 2-0 in this very young season. I hope the streak continues.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:45 PM   #59
All Star

Darth Raider's Arena

Big update:

I powered through the playoffs after finishing 11-5 and locking up the division. I rode two surprisingly strong defensive performances vs. TEN and CLE to the SB vs. the Rams.

That game was the most intense and most gratifying game of Madden I think I've ever played. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/cgbuBmqAu5g.

I won 20-19.

Now: In my universe, Gruden came back to the Raiders to finish what he started and to avenge his reputation after the split with Al. Having won this year, Gruden is walking off into the sunset with his goal accomplished. I'm going to bring in my own fictional character, Knockout Jenkins, a former USC S known for his bone-jarring hits (a la my favorite player of all time, Ronnie Lott).

This was such a cool season. If I didn't have AB, I'd have won 3 games. But I had him and he stayed healthy and I won 11 games. He carried me in the SB, looking like Rice with the way he caught slants and drags and took them for major YAC. I can't imagine a more perfect receiver for this type of offense.

Some cool notes from the SB:

AB played hurt and got 10-175, including 2 plays that swung the game.

Brandon Marshall won MVP after getting 7 or so TAK, 1 SK, and 1 user INT on a crucial drive. He also played hurt while putting up that performance.

The team had such a gritty performance that I think I'll remember it for a while, lol.

I can't remember a Madden that was this good this early in the cycle. I'm normally trying to figure out settings for 6 months each cycle, but this version is really, really good.

Now it's time for Knockout Jenkins to put his own stamp on the team!
Old 07-31-2019, 07:40 PM   #60
Coach Mode-erer

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

2-7 w/ MIA
Old 07-31-2019, 07:47 PM   #61
All Star

Darth Raider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
2-7 w/ MIA
That's where I'd be at that point w/o AB.

The first year with MIA must be so, so painful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 08:06 PM   #62
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

How are the injuries looking? They happen to lineman as well this year? Decent amount for franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-31-2019, 08:11 PM   #63
All Star

Darth Raider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
How are the injuries looking? They happen to lineman as well this year? Decent amount for franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They seem to be on the light end, honestly. I ran 40 INJ in franchise mode and only had 3 significant multi-week INJ in a full pre-season, season, and playoffs.

I don't think I lost anybody on the OL, which was a surprise--just a couple HB and a WR.

Last year, if you ran 40 INJ in CFM it would turn into a MASH unit pretty quickly. I'd love to see just a few more long-term INJ.

That said, there were lots of game-long ones, including more to the QB position for me, which was welcome.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:33 PM   #64
Coach Mode-erer

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Raider
The first year with MIA must be so, so painful.
Very painful. I feel the team getting better but we're still losing some heartbreakers. In the last game we had a 25-23 lead against IND with 0:05 left on the clock. Andrew Luck heaved the ball up and it went over everyone's head and safely landed in the hands of his WR who took 2 steps into the end zone to end the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »