Home

Has regression been fixed in Madden 20???

This is a discussion on Has regression been fixed in Madden 20??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2019, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has regression been fixed in Madden 20???

Does anyone know if they’ve fixed regression (or at least toned it down a lot) in Madden 20?

It was super annoying when my 29 year old linebacker turned 30 and went from a 90 to an 85 even though he just lead the league in tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2019, 11:44 PM   #2
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Has regression been fixed in Madden 20???

In the beta regression was more severe and started at 28.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-23-2019, 11:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
In the beta regression was more severe and started at 28.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Geez I didn’t think it could be any more severe than it’s been the last few years....that’s disappointing
Old 07-24-2019, 12:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Hopefully every player doesn't regress crazy at 28. I don't have a problem with severe regression for old players but it needs to be a chance and not something that always happens at a specific age. Even something where higher Dev trait players are less likely to get hit hard with a ton of regression. Plenty of players remain productive in their 30s.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:32 AM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards
Plenty of players remain productive in their 30s.
Most players don't.

There are 2,344 players on the Madden NFL 20 base roster (not including free agents). Of those, 269 (11.4%) are 30 or older. Only 399 (17.0%) are 29 or older. The median age (not average) is 25. The Madden 20 base roster does not include any undrafted rookie free agents, many of whom will make kickoff weekend rosters and nearly all of whom are younger than 25.

The NFL is a league of replacement, and in order for Madden to properly replicate that, it needs to apply downward regressive force upon the vast majority of players in the league to force them out well before they reach 30.

The complaint should be that regression in Madden is by-and-large too uniform. Honestly, I'd be okay with Normal dev players beginning to regress (slowly) as young as 25 in some (but not all) cases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 12:50 AM   #6
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

I may be in the minority where I think madden's regression is actually the best of any sports game. One of the things madden does right. Some of it DOES seem random. But players also randomly fall off in real life.

CB's are hardly usable past 32 years old. SOME stick around. Not many.

Everyone loses speed at 30-31 regardless of position. Which I feel is realistic.

Most skill positional players are hard to keep at superstar status past 32 years old. Except some WR's depending on there build. QB's can stay good for a long time (realistic)

I have had many good LB's that were athletic freaks (high 80's speed) start fizzling out in there early 30's because they were so reliant on speed.

I am not saying its perfect by any means, but I actually think it does a pretty damn good job. Especially with how they deal with potential. Draft a "normal" rookie and he wins ROTY? now hes a star. I think its really cool. Pro Bowls give quite a bit of XP as well.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:17 AM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Considering I just saw a video on YouTube where a guy summed 10 years into the future. Lamar Jackson was 32 yo with a 94 overall and actually went up to points in speed to 96. In the same simulation Ezekiel Elliott was still one of the best running backs in the league at 34 yo. I would say regression doesn't even exist lol
Old 07-24-2019, 05:20 AM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

I'm fine with similar or slightly more severe regression than m19. The fact they scrapped fluid dev regression means player ovr/league wide dev could snowball, so they need part of the system to push back.

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »