Home

User pass rush

This is a discussion on User pass rush within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
User pass rush

Cpu pass rush on default all pro is fantastic, heck.. It may even be a little OP... But I'm not complaining.

The issue is the USER pass rush. It's non existent unless you blitz. Even controlling high rated guys verse lower rated lineman and you get stonewalled.

This causes several issues.

1. Lack of user sacks.
2. High cpu completion %. Madden adjusted qb accuracy to coorelate with pressure. Without users getting pressure, the cpu qb stands there and just eats the defense up.

3. Qb scrambling. Some qbs will still run anyway, but other qbs who do scramble in real life don't... Because they don't have too... because there is no pressure.

The thing that really bugs me, is this was not an issue the 1st day of the beta. They released a Saturday update that totally nerfed user pass rush.

It's carried itself into the game and we need to get the devs to boost user pass rush.

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: User pass rush

I to have been experiencing "stonewalling" once again this year. Even with high rates guys like miles Garrett and con Miller against low rated tackles. Only way to generate real pressure this year is to blitz. I am just not seeing this improved pass rush everyone was raving about from the beta
Old 07-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #3
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I to have been experiencing "stonewalling" once again this year. Even with high rates guys like miles Garrett and con Miller against low rated tackles. Only way to generate real pressure this year is to blitz. I am just not seeing this improved pass rush everyone was raving about from the beta
It's very improved for cpu..

And the 1st day of the beta, user pass rush was just as potent.

They nerfed it

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 07-26-2019, 04:35 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
User pass rush

In my limited time I seem to get better human pass rush when I’m controlling a safety or LB in coverage. When I attempt to manually rush the passer I get nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I have managed to get USER sacks without blitzing with average players. Sure this year you have to work harder to get them, but it is possible. I have no problem creating pressure on QBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I’ve had a confusing and uneven experience with user pass rush so far; small sample size, but between the beta and the EA Access builds I’ve experienced literally every result described in this thread. lol.

I will say that user pass rushing as Von Miller is a ton of fun.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:10 PM   #7
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

I was fine the first few games I played but then yesterday got patch 1.04 and robo qb has been a problem. Hell I held Drew Brees to less than 60% before, he was missing throws and so was I.

I know they don’t really put things in the patches anymore except bug fixes so I’m guessing they updated something and the patch was a coincidence.

Is it too much to ask for missed throws and pressure. I don’t want to dominate and win every game. It’s what’s wrong with sports gamers now in general. I greened released, I squared up and yet still got a negative outcome. That happens in real life all the time. User wants a 500 batting average in the show while the pros would be great to hit 300. Set online to rookie and create a real game where mature, well adjusted people can handle bad results...ina VIDEOGAME.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:25 PM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

I nerfed CPU pass protection and QB accuracy, and with my defensive line (Buckner, Ford, Bosa), the user pass rush is pretty OP. Probably as good as the CPU pass rush, maybe better some times.

I'll still adjust, but at this point it's (on All Madden) 30 CPU QB Accuracy, 1 CPU Pass Protection, 70 User Reaction Speed, 80 User Pass Coverage, and I'm happy with the results thus far. Especially because the CPU QB doesn't just sit in the pocket like an idiot. I'll get a lot of instant pressure (as I should given this defensive line), but the CPU QB will react and get rid of the ball or move in the pocket half the time.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »