Home

Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 04:52 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1kanobe
Cool. Hopefully they fix the “low” sock but I’m glad to see it’s at least on EA’s radar.

Do any of the teams striped socks (Bills, Chiefs, etc.) move when you pick low or are they like the Bears?
Later I'll look at them.

― Plato
Old 07-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #18
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes they all do. Even the chargers and broncos do as well
Old 07-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #19
MVP

What's the point of adding mouth pieces when there's so many other details missing from the game? I mean if they do add mouth pieces in a title update, cool but is that gonna make the game more immersive when there's no referees on the field? Sidelines are still generic? Collision detection post play still sloppy & inconsistent? Players STILL completely walking through bodies of players lying on the field when getting up from tackles & pile ups? Player is clipping still horrendous at times, etc.

I really hope EA gets their priorities in order for next gen. They will have more then enough space to work with. No more excuses!
Old 07-27-2019, 09:16 PM   #20
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
What's the point of adding mouth pieces when there's so many other details missing from the game? I mean if they do add mouth pieces in a title update, cool but is that gonna make the game more immersive when there's no referees on the field? Sidelines are still generic? Collision detection post play still sloppy & inconsistent? Players STILL completely walking through bodies of players lying on the field when getting up from tackles & pile ups? Player is clipping still horrendous at times, etc.

I really hope EA gets their priorities in order for next gen. They will have more then enough space to work with. No more excuses!

Did you watch the video? He explains that the game isn't stable enough to have higher quality sidelines or to have refs on the field properly. I'd love full sidelines, but honestly I'd rather have a crazy smooth running game without graphical hiccups than high quality sidelines. Gameplay over extras anyday.

Also, the equipment guy isn't the one working on collisions... And having him work on something he doesn't have a specialty in is wholly ineffective. He is making progress on something that many people want and that EVERY NFL player wears on every play, so i don't think that should just be tossed out as not a big deal.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:24 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Did you watch the video? He explains that the game isn't stable enough to have higher quality sidelines or to have refs on the field properly. I'd love full sidelines, but honestly I'd have have a crazy smooth running game without graphical hiccups than high quality sidelines. Gameplay over extras anyday.

Also, the equipment guy isn't the one working on collisions... And having him work on something he doesn't have a specialty in is wholly ineffective. He is making progress on something that many people want and that EVERY NFL player wears on every play, so i don't think that should just be tossed out as not a big deal.
You know how it is. If people are mad about X, Y, or Z not being in the game or not functioning to their level of expectations, they will lash out against anything else even if it has no correlation to what they're upset about. Folks can't be dissuaded of their feeling on the matter even if it is an apples to oranges take.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #22
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984

I’m hoping the next gen is a true step up and not another half measure. Granted, there will diminishing returns on visual quality, but things like fully detailed and rendered sidelines will hopefully be in the game.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:27 PM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You know how it is. If people are mad about X, Y, or Z not being in the game or not functioning to their level of expectations, they will lash out against anything else even if it has no correlation to what they're upset about. Folks can't be dissuaded of their feeling on the matter even if it is an apples to oranges take.
That’s usually accurate but sometimes the complaint is true, like when Rex more or less said that the mode that allowed micro purchases sucked development resources away from other modes.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:40 PM   #24
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

WHY they removed the referees in immaterial to me. They took them out. For some reason, Madden is the only major sports title with issues like this. Taking out refs and removing offense walkups are just the latest of the take-aways. This, on top of what the game DOESN'T have is a very bad sign of things to come. We've watched them remove many pieces of the game over the years, and we don't raise much of a fuss. I have to believe nothing is untouchable. Except maybe MUT.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »