Home

Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #33
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline)

I stopped watching after 4 mins. EA typical reply: We want tot get to it. And the amount of ads these youtubers put in their videos these days.. Annoying.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:39 PM   #34
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
I’ve bought madden every year. I’m not a ***** at all, but this is a big deal imo. The refs are no where to be found and then pop out from thin air when there is a penalty.

It’s cool you’re enjoying 20. I think I’ll stick to 19.
To each their own, doesn't affect gameplay in any way for me. I wouldn't even touch or go back to Madden 19 even if they paid me. This is where I disconnect with this community. Ppl would rather go back to less features instead of new features (RPO's, scenario engine, x factors etc) all because the refs aren't on the field. Doesn't matter to me if ppl like or hate Madden or whatever, but that doesn't make sense to me. If some ppl only care about visuals in madden and that alone, I can understand more for a dislike.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-28-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #35
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
To each their own, doesn't affect gameplay in any way for me. I wouldn't even touch or go back to Madden 19 even if they paid me. This is where I lose disconnect with this community. Ppl would rather go back to less features instead of new features (RPO's, scenario engine, x factors etc) all because the refs aren't on the field. Doesn't matter to me if ppl like or hate Madden or whatever, but that doesn't make sense to me. If some ppl only care about visuals in madden and that alone, I can understand more for a dislike.
It’s not that I only care about visuals and not gameplay. I was super hyped about the scenario engine, but I play as an owner and they half baked that feature as an owner. X factors are a little overrated imo. MLB the show doesn’t need anything special to differentiate star players. When Mike Trout bats, it’s Mike Trout and you should always be worried. He will get his no matter what. You shouldn’t need some system to get them “in the zone.” It’s basically like saying draw a walk with Trout and his next at bat he will have a 40% chance at a double or home run... And defensive playbooks didn’t get the same love as offensive even though the new plays on offense are nice.

This is just me and my opinion. I would’ve more than likely bought M20 if they didn’t take away the sim aspects on the field with the walk ups and the refs. That coupled with players never losing development and the step back in regression has made it difficult for me to consider the game this year.

Like I said though, I’m not a h*ter at all and I hope the people who enjoy M20 enjoy the heck out of it.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United

Last edited by Heisman; 07-28-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #36
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
To each their own, doesn't affect gameplay in any way for me. I wouldn't even touch or go back to Madden 19 even if they paid me. This is where I lose disconnect with this community. Ppl would rather go back to less features instead of new features (RPO's, scenario engine, x factors etc) all because the refs aren't on the field. Doesn't matter to me if ppl like or hate Madden or whatever, but that doesn't make sense to me. If some ppl only care about visuals in madden and that alone, I can understand more for a dislike.
Some dont feel to shell out money on something that isnt much different. You say less features, well ok. X Factors is new and lower ratings for rookies but that isnt enough to drag me in. Neither is the QB1 thing.

Franchise, relocation, presentation and the draft is the same. Rather see changes to that than have QB1 which i may or may not even play.

There are more things not changed than there are things that are new. I myself dont care about the refs as i never noticed them til a penalty was called.

Some of us arent yearly buyers but if there was a huge overahul of course i would but not for basically the same thing and same issues (coverage issues, CPU run game not good, etc).

Id actually be ok with starting my franchise over in 2019 and using the custom draft class this time around which i didnt do before.
I dont understand those who keep complaining about Madden yet still buy it day one.

When this game goes down to $25 again like M19, then i my get it.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 07-28-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, I'm with you all who couldn't care less about the refs being on the field or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #38
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Some dont feel to shell out money on something that isnt much different. You say less features, well ok. X Factors is new and lower ratings for rookies but that isnt enough to drag me in. Neither is the QB1 thing.

Franchise, relocation, presentation and the draft is the same. Rather see changes to that than have QB1 which i may or may not even play.

There are more things not changed than there are things that are new. I myself dont care about the refs as i never noticed them til a penalty was called.

Some of us arent yearly buyers but if there was a huge overahul of course i would but not for basically the same thing and same issues (coverage issues, CPU run game not good, etc).

Id actually be ok with starting my franchise over in 2019 and using the custom draft class this time around which i didnt do before.
I dont understand those who keep complaining about Madden yet still buy it day one.

When this game goes down to $25 again like M19, then i my get it.
Thats your opinion & it's fine. I think it's far superior in every way from Madden 19 (my opinion). The run game is excellent on All Madden. I've only seen complaints on All pro, but I could never play on all pro default. Game is tuned on All Madden. Coverage issues they already said there going to be fixed & I've yet to notice any personally. I stay away from all the bug & just negative to be negative threads mostly.

If your looking for huge overhauls from yr to yr that doesn't exist in yearly sports games. Franchise is worth it for my money/time & I don't care about relocation.

I've playing the game since Wednesday & think it's great. 95% of gripes are going to be fixed by the PC modding community as far as gameplay in the near future.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-28-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:43 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 4

They really need to STOP removing things. Unreal what we football fans have to put up with in madden every year. Add to what you have, stop taking things out and reintroducing them as selling points for future games.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Thats your opinion & it's fine. I think it's far superior in every way from Madden 19 (my opinion). The run game is excellent on All Madden. I've only seen complaints on All pro, but I could never play on all pro default. Game is tuned on All Madden. Coverage issues they already said there going to be fixed & I've yet to notice any personally. I stay away from all the bug & just negative to be negative threads mostly.

If your looking for huge overhauls from yr to yr that doesn't exist in yearly sports games. Franchise is worth it for my money/time & I don't care about relocation.

I've playing the game since Wednesday & think it's great. 95% of gripes are going to be fixed by the PC modding community as far as gameplay in the near future.
Huge overhauls do happen year to year for sports games. Even Madden has overhauls every 1 to 2 years. Madden's problem is that the overhauls don't always get build upon the years after that. We've had locomotion, infinity engine, ignite, frostbite, real players motion, etc... That's a lot of overhauls. More than any other sports game that I can think of off the top of my head. And contrary to popular belief, Madden adds a lot of smaller features each year as well. But it's so "add 15, remove 10, add 12, remove 7" each and every year to the point where the game ends up feeling 'the same'. Unfortunately for most people, they won't have the glorious PC modders that will turn Madden into a simulation football game. They just have to trust EA's patching, which takes a helluva lot of trust lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »