Home

Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 01:56 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofBruce
I'd like to add to this. The players in NBA 2k are more detailed than the players in Madden. The players in NBA 2k have cloth physics and realistic sweat. NBA 2k player models also have very animated faces (compared to Madden). The crowd is more varied and close up and active. Not to mention the mascots, cheerleaders, bench players, coaches, mop boy, etc that can all be seen.

Something tells me, even if Madden had 10 players on the field, the sidelines would still look as they do now.
Well, what does NBA Live's sidelines and crowds looks like compared to 2k's? That will pretty much tell you what you want to know regarding your closing sentence. I honestly don't know how they compare, but if you want to know how EA would do the crowds for a game with 10 players on the field(court) like NBA 2k does, then just look at Live and compare.

― Plato
Old 07-29-2019, 01:58 AM   #58
Banned

GhostofBruce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well, what does NBA Live's sidelines and crowds looks like compared to 2k's? That will pretty much tell you what you want to know regarding your closing sentence. I honestly don't know how they compare, but if you want to know how EA would do the crowds for a game with 10 players on the field(court) like NBA 2k does, then just look at Live and compare.
Youre right, and Live does not compare graphically to NBA 2k. However im pretty sure Tiburon does not develop Live. Also Nba lives presentation is much better than Maddens.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Football has 22 players on screen at once, baseball and basketball don't..that's a large part of why expecting them to render a bunch of sideline players better is not real high on the priority list.

And something else to consider is my guess would be that about 95% of the buying public doesn't care one bit about the detail of the sidelines and probably never even notice how good or bad they are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely disagree about 95% of the public not caring about details lol. That said, I understand the sidelines not being as detailed due to having 22 players on field, larger stadiums, etc. I'm referring more to things like referees being removed and many other lacking presentation aspects.

I know it's frowned upon to bring up 2K basketball in comparison to Madden, but look at how much depth is in their game. Look at how many different modes they have compared to Madden. Look how deep & detailed their franchise, GM mode & My player mode is. Not to mention the park mode. Look at how much is going on in the stadium during gameplay (Mascots, cheerleaders, sideline interactions with players, etc.)

My point is I'm sure all of that depth has to utilize a lot of hardware space. So for as much as that game has in it, Madden loses me when they say they removed refs due to space limitations.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:17 PM   #60
MVP

I'll see you all of 2k's extras and raise you Madden having over 2x the number of players on the field at any one time.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Completely disagree about 95% of the public not caring about details lol. That said, I understand the sidelines not being as detailed due to having 22 players on field, larger stadiums, etc. I'm referring more to things like referees being removed and many other lacking presentation aspects.

I know it's frowned upon to bring up 2K basketball in comparison to Madden, but look at how much depth is in their game. Look at how many different modes they have compared to Madden. Look how deep & detailed their franchise, GM mode & My player mode is. Not to mention the park mode. Look at how much is going on in the stadium during gameplay (Mascots, cheerleaders, sideline interactions with players, etc.)

My point is I'm sure all of that depth has to utilize a lot of hardware space. So for as much as that game has in it, Madden loses me when they say they removed refs due to space limitations.

Game plays much better this year and if it was because of the refs being removed then i think it was well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 03:17 PM   #62
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984

I agree 100%
They removed real Owners and Owners Only mode.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:31 PM   #63
Rookie

DatsunDimer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofBruce
Youre right, and Live does not compare graphically to NBA 2k. However im pretty sure Tiburon does not develop Live. Also Nba lives presentation is much better than Maddens.
Live IS a EA Tib production. Speculation the last month that Live could be suspended though. That would make Madden the only title EA Tib is making to my knowledge (partial credit to Wikipedia). They previously also had the PGA series as well. I would be very curious to see what EA Canada would do with the Madden team and a larger budget. EA Canada has FIFA, NHL, and UFC currently.

ADDITION:
The real test will be the next generation of consoles. We should learn very quickly whether is memory was that big of an issue.

Last edited by DatsunDimer; 07-29-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
With only skimming this thread and following very little coverage this is insanely disappointing the feature is literally in the game. Maybe for legal reasons this can't be done but otherwise it's mind boggling
The reason is simply because they added it late in the development cycle and only planned on doing it for "Face" of the Franchise. It was purely a marketing point this year to give longshot a makeover.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »