Home

Franchise sim stats kill the game!

This is a discussion on Franchise sim stats kill the game! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2019, 11:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise sim stats kill the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What immersion or improvements were made to MUT?
Didn’t say there was any. Immersion in general is waaaaay down at the bottom of the list on their priorities though.

MUT doesn’t need improved much, another mode they can be lazy about because the YouTube gaming community just laps that crap up either way. Though I haven’t kept up with the news on it for this year so I can’t give specifics.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
Didn’t say there was any. Immersion in general is waaaaay down at the bottom of the list on their priorities though.

MUT doesn’t need improved much, another mode they can be lazy about because the YouTube gaming community just laps that crap up either way. Though I haven’t kept up with the news on it for this year so I can’t give specifics.
So your argument is that while they didn't do anything to MUT this year, they also didn't do anything else to other area's of the game?

I mean, I get the hate for MUT. Never tried it and never will but I think some folks sometimes use that as the default argument for anything that isn't in the game that they want.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:46 AM   #11
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So your argument is that while they didn't do anything to MUT this year, they also didn't do anything else to other area's of the game?

I mean, I get the hate for MUT. Never tried it and never will but I think some folks sometimes use that as the default argument for anything that isn't in the game that they want.

This year it appears that most of the resources went into the new mode and improving game play.

However, and I hope I'm wrong on this, but it appears that someone was forced to sacrifice coverage in order to allow pass rush to actually matter. If this is what happened, someone said, "Wait a minute! Pass rush will frustrate users! We need to make coverage weaker to compensate!" then I got to say I'm fairly disappointed. At least make coverage for sim mode strong.

I hope it was just a mistake. Either way, it needs to be patched ASAP.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 03:05 PM   #12
Pro

With my 10 hr trial winding down, I did two - 1 year sims to compare sim stats. 1 sim with x-factor on, 1 sim with x-factor off. All-Pro, Sim, 12 min qtrs., 20 clock, default sliders EXCEPT …. cpu rbk 55 and FGA 46 (user/cpu).

For the most part, the two sims were very similar. Few subtle differences between the two, but nothing that stood out. Both sims had issues with # of 1,000 yd rushers, FG attempts/accuracy, and punting avg/punting net avg.

Passing: No 5,000 yard passers in either sim.
didn't count x-factor, but non x-factor had 17 QB's over 4,000 yds. (NFL had 13 last year).
Most TD passes 44 vs 43
INT's : 22 (rogers!) vs 18

Rushing

22 1,000 yrd rushers w/ x-factor; 18 1,000 yrd rushers w/o x-factor (too many)

Note: I did have cpu run block at 55 from playing franchise games

Field goal attempts / FG made %

most attempts x-factor - 27; most attempts w/o x-factor 29 (significantly lower than NFL)

FG accuracy was low. 80's, 70's and even 60's in both sims.

Note: I had FG Accuracy slider at 46 while playing franchise games

Punting avg and net avg - waaaaay to high.

x-factor sim :

56.1 avg (high); 28 punters > 50.0 yd avg
54.2 net (high); 19 punters > 48 yd net avg

non x-factor sim:

54.4 avg (high); 27 punters > 50.0 yd avg
52.4 net (high); 4 punters > 50.0 yd net; only 2 punters below 45 yd net avg

I would imagine lowering the Punt Power slider will tone this down.

Not sure if sacks allowed is an issue or not. 18 x-factor; 23 non x-factor. Both were LT's.

I'll have to wait for the game to come out to do some more sims (maybe multiple years of both to see how stats hold up year to year?).

Last edited by Grey_Osprey; 07-27-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
With my 10 hr trial winding down, I did two - 1 year sims to compare sim stats. 1 sim with x-factor on, 1 sim with x-factor off. All-Pro, Sim, 12 min qtrs., 20 clock, default sliders EXCEPT …. cpu rbk 55 and FGA 46 (user/cpu).

For the most part, the two sims were very similar. Few subtle differences between the two, but nothing that stood out. Both sims had issues with # of 1,000 yd rushers, FG attempts/accuracy, and punting avg/punting net avg.

Passing: No 5,000 yard passers in either sim.
didn't count x-factor, but non x-factor had 17 QB's over 4,000 yds. (NFL had 13 last year).
Most TD passes 44 vs 43
INT's : 22 (rogers!) vs 18

Rushing

22 1,000 yrd rushers w/ x-factor; 18 1,000 yrd rushers w/o x-factor

Note: I did have cpu run block at 55 from playing franchise games

Field goal attempts / FG made %

most attempts x-factor - 27; most attempts w/o x-factor 29

FG accuracy was low. 80's, 70's and even 60's in both sims.

Note: I had FG Accuracy slider at 46 while playing franchise games

Punting avg and net avg - waaaaay to high.

x-factor sim :

56.1 avg (high); 28 punters > 50.0 yd avg
54.2 net (high); 19 punters > 48 yd net avg

non x-factor sim:

54.4 avg (high); 27 punters > 50.0 yd avg
52.4 net (high); 4 punters > 50.0 yd net; only 2 punters below 45 yd net avg

I would imagine lowering the Punt Power slider will tone this down.

Not sure if sacks allowed is an issue or not. 18 x-factor; 23 non x-factor. Both were LT's.

I'll have to wait for the game to come out to do some more sims (maybe multiple years of both to see how stats hold up year to year?).
High number of 1,000 yard rushers due to poor distribution of carries? Or was it too many team rush attempts vs. pass attempts?
Old 07-27-2019, 03:17 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
High number of 1,000 yard rushers due to poor distribution of carries? Or was it too many team rush attempts vs. pass attempts?
That's a good question BK.

Unfortunately, I didn't dawn on me to record # of carries or pass attempts. smh. Considering the issues in the past with getting back up RB's some carriers, I should have known to look at that. Damn. I think I have like 13 minutes left, I'll see if that's enough time to look it up.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #15
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

Unfortunately, I didn't dawn on me to record # of carries or pass attempts. smh. Considering the issues in the past with getting back up RB's some carriers, I should have known to look at that. Damn. I think I have like 13 minutes left, I'll see if that's enough time to look it up.
I have the full PC version thanks to Origin Premier, if I get some time, I'll try to take a look.

My money would be on exactly as you say, the backup RB's not getting enough touches as I think we've seen that before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

First test. (Pre-Season Roster) 13 1,000 yard rushers with rush attempts ranging from 301 (Zeke) to 210 (Gurley). On first glance it doesn't look terrible.

Second test using the Active (default) roster

16 1,000 yard rushers with attempts ranging from 215 (Dalvin Cook) to 330 (Gurley). This sim seems wonkier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »