Home

Franchise sim stats kill the game!

This is a discussion on Franchise sim stats kill the game! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise sim stats kill the game!

Did a quick check. Wasn't able to go team by team to check out distribution, but I did catch some data.

x factor sim:

Zeke 317 carries
"scribble I cant' read" 308

13 players had 275+ carrries
24 players had 250+ carries

3.5 - 3.9 yds/carry - 12 players
4.0 - 4.9 yds/carry - 16 players
5.0+ yds/ carry - 4 players

Adrian Peterson had 1,030 yds on 211 carrries...and wasn't counted.

Non x-factor

Gurley 303 carries

7 had 275+ carrries
19 had 250+ carries

3.5 - 3.9 yds/carry - 7
4.0 - 4.9 yds/carry - 8
5.0 - 5.9 yds/carry - 2
6.0+ yards/carry - 1 ? (I think Zeke avg'd 6.0, but don't have enough time re-check it)

The yds/carry looks bad, but I think it's the number of backs with a high number of carries (distribution of carries). Last year, the NFL only had 6 RB's with more than 250 touches (7 if you wish to count Carson at 247).
Old 07-27-2019, 11:06 PM   #18
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Sim stats can be modded on PC, so I think it can be done in a patch. It's all about priorities, and those will depend on what will sell and what the community is most vocal about.
I didn't known that sim stats can get better with modded but I dont known how that works and what all can be modded or not has I dont play on pc but I just known from the past that sim stats seem to be a hard thing to fix in a patch with out messing up other stats and sim stats some how got worse then they have maybe ever been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Did a quick check. Wasn't able to go team by team to check out distribution, but I did catch some data.

x factor sim:

Zeke 317 carries

Non x-factor

Gurley 303 carries

7 had 275+ carrries
19 had 250+ carries

3.5 - 3.9 yds/carry - 7
4.0 - 4.9 yds/carry - 8
5.0 - 5.9 yds/carry - 2
6.0+ yards/carry - 1 ? (I think Zeke avg'd 6.0, but don't have enough time re-check it)

The yds/carry looks bad, but I think it's the number of backs with a high number of carries (distribution of carries). Last year, the NFL only had 6 RB's with more than 250 touches (7 if you wish to count Carson at 247).
Only 6 guys with 250 last year surprises me has to get 250 you only need 15.625 attempts a game and like 16 a game dont seem like a lot of rush attempts at all. When I think of a lot I think of like 20-25 attempts. Do you known how injures looked? I dont know how many players last year were say close to 250 but maybe didn't have that many because they missed a game or 2 as missing games is going to also make it harder to get to 250. If injures were not a thing more RB would get that many. I didn't even look that much at RB attempts I think because the other things I said in my first post stood out even more has it was even worse.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:06 AM   #19
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
While I am certainly very annoyed that this is occurring, if it really is a complex fix like we’ve heard it is, then I think there are bigger fish to fry.

With pass coverage seemingly being very unreliable and buggy along with cut-logic (which players teams cut) being flawed, those types of things should take priority over sim stats.

Pass coverage is an actual in-game gameplay issue. If a gameplay element is not working, you won’t even want to make it to the end of a season to see the sim stats. 16 game season, plus playoffs, with non-functioning pass coverage? No thanks. I won’t make it to the trade deadline before I’ll want to throw my controller through my television.

Meanwhile, unless you’re doing 32 team control, the CPU gutting important players from rosters breaks immersion quite a bit. You might as well do a fantasy draft if franchise players and young prospects are just going to be cast into free agency by the CPU.

I’d rather see that Devonte Freeman’s rushing stats are off rather than see that his stats are fine, but he’s playing on the wrong team because the Falcons inexplicably cut their starting running back after the preseason.

Bad sim stats harm immersion and I’m guessing also progression (due to players possibly not meeting milestones). As stated above, while it does harm immersion, it’s less so than other things imo. Also, the effect on progression can be mitigated to some extent with adjustments to the XP sliders to make up for the missed or over-attained milestones goals.

Again, I wish sim stats worked. I hope they fix it. I strongly hope they don’t choose to fix it over more pressing issues.
Disagreed. I would say both are equally important to franchise guys. Now if you a h2h or ultimate team guy. Yeah you could probably give a crap about sim stats. But me as a franchise only guy messed up sim stats is a game breaker for me
Old 07-28-2019, 12:15 AM   #20
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey

x factor sim:

Zeke 317 carries

Non x-factor

Gurley 303 carries

7 had 275+ carrries
19 had 250+ carries

3.5 - 3.9 yds/carry - 7
4.0 - 4.9 yds/carry - 8
5.0 - 5.9 yds/carry - 2

This has been a problem for years though. The CPU likes to run themselves the football lol. Ever since weekly gameplan was introduced you will even notice in a teams offensive breakdown that they running the ball 58% to 42% for pass. Even passing teams seem to favor running the ball in simulated games. I remember one year the saints were the only team that were even close to passing more than they ran in one sim I did, and they were even at 50/50. The sim engine has never really been worked on and he last few years teams are running I. Simulated games way more than in real life
Old 07-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Disagreed. I would say both are equally important to franchise guys. Now if you a h2h or ultimate team guy. Yeah you could probably give a crap about sim stats. But me as a franchise only guy messed up sim stats is a game breaker for me
I have never once played a game of online h2h or MUT. In fact, the last time I played a game against a human was 1 couch game with a friend in Madden 15. I’m absolutely a franchise guy. But with the pass coverage the way it is and the roster management how it is, I refuse to even start a CFM - let alone get to the end of a season to see the sim stats. I plan to go 10+ years in my CFM playing every game, preseason and all. I won’t have the realism of my CFM tainted by unrealistic cuts and I won’t have my efforts to roster build and train a defensive backfield made meaningless by unrealistically ineffective pass coverage.

So I can’t even make it to the end of a season to be affected by the sim stats.

The only way I could see sim stats being a more detrimental issue than broken pass coverage and key players being unrealistically cut (and then disappearing from the game due to the limited free agent spots available) is if you’re not playing your games and if you’re doing 32 team control. If those two things are true, I agree with you that sim stats are worse because you’ll never see the pass coverage and will do the roster management for 32 teams yourself.

Other than that scenario, I’ll say again - I can’t see why anyone would want to even finish a season to see the sim stats, so I don’t see how that could be more pressing. Heck, I won’t even go past the cuts in preseason week 4 because key players (even starters like Devonte Freeman) who I’d want to see for the next 10+ years of franchise are being cut and disappearing from the game.

Last edited by Jimbo12308; 07-28-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 07:35 PM   #22
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

If someone can correct please do so but I’m sure in the past few maddens that the playbooks that each team had tied into sim stats so if you had Pass heavy or air raid the team would pass more often in sim games.

I know the last time I had a good crack at madden which was 18 this was. The case don’t know about this version but like I said if it’s wrong someone correct it but I’m sure that’s what was a quick fix
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Old 07-28-2019, 09:29 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
Are you kidding? Their priorities are pretty obviously monetizing the game beyond the initial $60. Always have been. MUT is a cancer on Madden, but people eat that **** up.

Sure isn’t any semblance of immersion or improvements at all in Franchise mode.

I never truly understand this sentiment..
While MUT is a monetizing game mode, it’s easily the least “pay to win” in terms of sports franchises having a fantasy card game mode.

I’ve made some very very good teams playing MUT (90+ Ovr) without spending a dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-29-2019, 10:26 AM   #24
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

So has this simmed stats train wreck even been acknowledged by the Madden team as something that needs fixing? This is something I gotta know before buying. I just cannot comprehend why this is broken year after year after year after year.

Call the game what it is. Madden Ultimate Team 20.
BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007
BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »