Home

No Huddle Runoff Question

This is a discussion on No Huddle Runoff Question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 11:35 AM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: No Huddle Runoff Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This. Also, Madden has always had them run to the line at hyper speed which was unrealistic. I prefer the runoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaAJ
One thing the runoff hopefully stops is the computer getting cheap plays with 1 second like a field goal where the time should run out. I had that happen on Madden 19 where they would get the field goal unit on and kick a field goal before time expired.
What has been lost in terms of the dramatic affect of seeing players scramble to get to the line is more than offset IMO by what has been gained by eliminating the two things mentioned above.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:45 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Longest I have seen is 12 seconds. I feel like the time that runs off is more realistic than the time that would pass when the players would run to the line. I like that aspect of it. I do wish there were safeguards built into the feature. If you tried to hurry up late in the game and had a timeout to use, I wish it automatically would use that timeout if your hurry up would not let you get the play off before time expired. Have it automatically use the timeout with 3 seconds left in the half/OT. That would aid in the CPU struggling with the hurry up at times.

― Plato
Old 07-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This. Also, Madden has always had them run to the line at hyper speed which was unrealistic. I prefer the runoff.
The run-off is fine compared to players running around, I wish it was presented slightly differently. I find the cross-fade / "we're instantly playing again" feel of no-huddle now to be pretty jarring, both from a gameplay and presentation perspective.

A momentary cutscene showing the QB rushing his guys to get set as they finish getting back to the line would have sufficed for me here. I just want a small moment to breathe and process what just happened on the last play.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Not sure I agree 100%. At least in the game where I was on Defense and the CPU ran 40 yard pass plays and completed the pass and I was immediately at the line of scrimmage on D with only a quick second to change the defensive playcall. I understand that you don't have as much time as normal....but I still feel like in real life defenders have time while lining up and waiting for the offense to hurry up and get set to bark out some changes. In Madden 19 I had a little time to call out plays while everyone was rushing back to the line....but I felt rushed. Now...I feel like I don't have any time. It might be OK after I get used to it but initially I'm not thrilled with it on defense.
That is my one complaint with it especially when playing against CPU. The computer has a new play picked out instantly and you have almost no time to respond. It is particularly bad early because the buttons are all different. I am panic button mashing trying to change things up and totally blow it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 0

Now that CM mentioned it, my only real problem with the implementation is the cross fade. It makes it feel like time was "lost". Maybe show a broadcast review replay instead? I'm not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #22
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
Now that CM mentioned it, my only real problem with the implementation is the cross fade. It makes it feel like time was "lost". Maybe show a broadcast review replay instead? I'm not sure.
If the physics were done right we could just actually have to wait for the players to get back from their routes and get set. No need for the ridiculous looking scrambling if they actually moved at the speed that real humans do.

Anyway they could at least cut to them lining up (so they are all about back to the line but need to get in final position) and give us an extra few second to prepare. Like I said earlier, I at least had a few seconds to pick my play while the players were doing their best "Benny Hill" impersonation getting back to the line of scrimmage. It felt moderately authentic because while i was choosing I could see their players lining up and felt the pressure of being ready. Now they are just magically all lined up and it feels off slightly.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:26 AM   #23
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

I would prefer it if they were allowing the players to run back to the line and for penalties to take place like they do in real life when certain players can’t get lined up in time. Aaron Rodgers is a master of getting defensive players in this trap all the time. “If its in the game...its in the game” is the old motto....they should make it happen like it has in other football games......not weird times running off (which is fine for Madden 20) but its not realistic football.

No refs, no players scrambling to make the line, etc etc.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:01 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

No, seeing a bunch of players running around frantically, bumping into each other, and unrealistically covering ground was what has been in Madden for years...glad they got rid of it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »